| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Parts Weight list  (Read 101965 times)
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2010, 07:55:27 am »

But Michal.... after that treatment... your car will not be original anymore!!! Tongue

Nice wheels though!.... think the new tyres will so you more good than any of the other changes you've made.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2010, 08:29:29 am »

Hello guys, and it's here... Roll Eyes Grin as we say: "You'll allways have the biggest piece of that cake You didn't wanted to eat..." - I asked my friend who is racing with his Mercedes 190E 2,5-16V if I can take a part on next race on circuit, and what happend? He managed it!  Cheesy Well this saturday is the race, and who will be my competitors? Audi Quattro, Porsche 911, BMW E30 M3, Jaguar XJS V12, 2x Lancia Delta HF and 4x Mercedes-Benz 190E 2,5-16V  Shocked Huh Lips Sealed All cars arround +230PS  Undecided
------
 It doesn't look so bad on that BBSs, what do you think?

Personally I think you should drive carefully. It will be lots of fun no matter what, but what a shame if you crash into a barrier or other cars.  Shocked

That is one beautiful Murena S you got there. Keep it safe. Cool

Matranaut par excellence Cool
GP
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 08:56:05 am »

Hi Michal,

The wheels look really good I must say.  
Keep a good check on the wheel nut torque settings each time you come in. If the wheels are brand with inserts they may take some time to settle down with hard use. I use 108Nm torque on my alloy wheels.
Tyre pressure as per Matra reccomendation at high speed. 2.1 bar front / 2.5 bar rear, even with the bigger wheel size. Keep checking these pressures each time you come in also.
Remove the car jack/handle also and absolutely everything that is loose in the inside the car.
Don't know if you have enough time, but 1.5 deg negative camber on the front will help, by adding extra shims at the top of the suspension mounting.
The rear plexi-glass will need a support of some kind in the middle, as it will bang  like crazy otherwise.  See pictures below.
The passenger seats I would personally leave in. They do not weigh that much and it will detract from the cars unique seating arrangement, which is one of the main features that I find catches the publics awareness and appreciation of the cars anyway.
You may also consider using an additive to the petrol, such as Millers Oil Motorsport competition Valve Lubricant and Octane Booster for more engine protection and supplying the right 5 star octane the engine was designed for anyway.
Have a great time and enjoy the left hand corners, but take care on the right ones!  Smiley

Cheers,

Graham
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:58:13 am by GP » Logged
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2010, 10:32:39 am »

Thank you all for reactions!

Krede: only for this time, on Sunday I will put everything back  Wink

Jon Weywadt: thank You Wink race will be made by the system of one solo lap - fastest time will win. So I will be alone at the circuit - that is one of things why I decided to go there - no risk to be crashed by some axxhole  Wink

GP: thank You very much. I was allready 7 times on this circuit with Matra, if I remember good, I will set the tyre presure a little lower, because press will increase after warming the tyres. How much have You added for 1,5° - one will be enough? Interesting advice about middle support, but must to find a solution how to mount it without destruction cars originality...
I think absolutely the same about the passenger seats. I have no personal experiences with fuel aditives, but will have Shell V-power Racing 100 oct. (as usually) which is free of those f-u-c-k-ing ecology bioaditives.

Most circuit is full of corners and only one longer plane, so think that Murena is not absolutely without chances  Wink

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 10:34:19 am »

Maybe I've found it - I will make the support right into the alu engine cover which will be holded by two original "little arms"

JL

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 01:57:01 pm »

Hi Michal

Concentrate on the handling and do not worry too much about weight, it will not be good to have a light car that handles like an oil tanker.

Good luck
John
Laurens

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 07:51:08 pm »

Ik have demounted a murena with fire damage:

If a normal scale can handle it, i will measure the weight of the trunk tomorrow (tomorrow it also must go to the wreckyard).

I will keep the front end and engine bay (for fitting an MI16 without putting my car in the garage)

Tomorrow all the junk with the cockpit part and the trunk will go to the wreckyard.

I still have a lot of parts, so which weights you want?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:17:36 pm by Laurens » Logged
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2010, 08:06:42 pm »

... stop posting snuff pics mate!... it buts everybody ion a bad mood.... Sad.........  Wink
Laurens

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2010, 08:17:51 pm »

... stop posting snuff pics mate!... it buts everybody ion a bad mood.... Sad.........  Wink

It had an engine fire sadly.

But it also was not treated right. broken bits like door handles ware fixed with  tape etc. and the whole brown interior was painted black very badly. only could save the seats.
There were a lot of cracks and bits out of the fiberglass.

The option of restoring it was not an option anymore sadly.
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2010, 08:18:15 am »

MatraMurena.nl: do You know why it was burned?

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2010, 08:20:13 am »

Tomorrow I will leave for testing at the circuit, still thinking about demounting the door panels + el.wind.motors + side windows + passenger foot-rest. Does somebody know the weight of these parts??? Thanks in advance.

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2010, 08:23:47 am »

MatraMurena.nl: do You know why it was burned?

Isn't engine bay fires due to leaking fuel pumps almost mandatory on murenas??

I know mine had one some way back before I bought it.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:56 am »

Isn't engine bay fires due to leaking fuel pumps almost mandatory on murenas??

That is what I hear and that is why I always have a 2Kg powder fire extinguisher in the car.

But, fortunately, my mechanical fuel pump has been replaced by an electric pump, that is mounted on the fire wall. So I hope I will never  have to use the fire extinguisher. Grin

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Laurens

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2010, 10:36:14 am »

Tomorrow I will leave for testing at the circuit, still thinking about demounting the door panels + el.wind.motors + side windows + passenger foot-rest. Does somebody know the weight of these parts??? Thanks in advance.

I will give you the weight of these parts (except the passenger foot rest.
Laurens

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2010, 01:34:19 pm »

trunk: 15,5 kg
stripped door panel with speaker hole: 2 kg

the window and motor will be measured tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: