| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: William Falconer from Bristol U.K.  (Read 31229 times)
kajva6

« on: December 06, 2009, 06:26:26 pm »

hello....sorry for my bed englise....i m matia from Slovenija...and i see that William Falconer is member of this forum.......i begging for your help in my case.....all my life i dream abought Renault 5 turbo 2 maxi look....now at my 29 age i decided to start with it....i found site http://www.fastcarspares.com/home.phpand contact William Falconer in October 2009 to order parts for Renault 5 maxi....i do bank transfer to him 2.500e.......payment in my country for 1 mounth hard work is 500e....so this is a loot of many for me....after 4 weeks i wrote to him email what is with the order.he dident contact me back.now i wrote to him every day 2 e mails at last 10 day....i contact a Politecnic at France who make parts for maxi 5 sir Cyril Gracia and he tell me that he didnt recived order from William Falconer and no many to....... yesterday i phone to him at number +441275463633 there is a anserwmachine...then on +4411797305424 and he pick up,i tell him who i m and he cut me off the phone...then i try again and he pressing not awalible.i was doing this for 2 hour.....
he have other internet site....
http://www.matramagic.co.uk/home.php?cat=250
http://www.willfalconer.com/

pleas if anyone now this William Falconer tell him that i just wont my money back that i then order parts direct at politecnic and be 1 step closer to be proved owner of Renault 5 turbo

when William Falconer return my money back i will delete this topic for his good name.

for any information pleas contact me on  matijagtt@hotmail.com

Best Regards.
Matia
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 09:15:53 pm »

Hi and sorry to hear about your problems.

Seems a few people are waiting for parts from Will. I've only had excellent service from him, so its either a few bad transactions, or something is going wrong with Matramagic.

Does anyone here want to contact Will and ask what is going on? I don't mind doing it, but I think only one party should do itand not deluge him with emails. That might make things worse.
Titus

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 09:40:06 pm »

Hello Matia,

A very bad situation for you, but I agree with Macaroni. I have ordered a few things from Will and had to wait for delivery but have always found the man himself pleasant and honest. Many of us on this forum have and would order from Will so your post may help with either getting the parts or a refund.

1.6 Murena
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 11:12:21 pm »

Hello Matia,

always found the man himself pleasant and honest.

I will not say what I'm thinking but I can't find him honest.
Of course my issue is dating of more than 10 years  Angry
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 09:06:48 pm »

I don't consider Will to be dishonest.  There are two problems with his operation.  One is that like many small businesses in the UK, he uses a third party to process his card payments and these people always take the money straight away.  The other is that he doesn't appear to hold a large stock and has to order parts in.  These can sometimes take a long time to arrive, meanwhile the customer has already paid.  In his defence, I have always had a very quick service when the parts are in stock.
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 11:47:22 pm »

I can only agree with most here, I have only ever had good service from Will - in fact I think 90% of my spareparts are sourced though him. He also did my great engine conversion and is always very helpful. I'm sure kajva6's problems are the result of some kind of misunderstanding.

Having said that, I haven't spoken to Will for ages (a year or so) - has anyone here ?

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 10:51:47 pm »

I have recently (ca.1 month ago) recieved a complete new set of exhaust for my 530, payed in advance, course they are only pruduced by order. And like promised they came 3 weeks later. So my experience with Will, is positive.

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 01:36:29 pm »

I'm pleased to understand that you did not have a problem.
Can one of you contact the person in order to facilitate the resolution ?
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 am »

I have been in touch with Will Falconer of Matra Magic and he is aware of the dispute with kajva6.

He assures me that he is handling the matter directly with his customer. This is the right way to handle it in my opinion.

My personal experience with Will over nearly 20 years has been excellent. Only once has there been an problem and that was resolved amicably and to my satisfaction. I would wish that some of my other suppliers had a record like that! Matra Magic continues to have my full support and confidence.

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 12:18:52 pm »

I have been in touch with Will Falconer of Matra Magic
heh - me too :-)

My experience with Will is the same, only 14 years, but always excellent service.

As suggested by kajva6, either he or I will thus remove this post for Will/MatraMagic's
sake - even if he has got some pretty good reviews here as well.

/Lennart

Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 08:12:56 pm »

That's sad. Many of you have good experiences with Will, but many of you are from England... That could be the reason. It's much harder to fool someone who live beside you than someone who is thousands km far away. I have lot of bad experiences with buying parts from ebay France. It wasn't one case when I've sent money and that was the last point of conversation with seller Sad And experiences from my friends are simillar, it seems like some people from "west" thinks something like: "pche what can you do, you axxhole from east..." My advantage is that I'm visiting France 4 - 5 times a year and have a company car which is also for my private use, and I can be very kind to good people, but very bad to someone who tries to fool me. And my angry visit in midnight surprised some of these sellers so much that they gave me money back right in their door  Angry I'm not saying that this must be this case, but why Will doesn't answer his emails and also the phones? It don't look so serious...
So if anyone of you could make that phone to Will and ask him directly, I believe that it could help very much, and we all will see where the true is! And if Will's mind is clear he could be only happy to have occasion to explain it from his point of view Wink

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 09:58:04 pm »

I share Michal opinion that issues like that are more likely with distance.
My problem with your good fellow Will, when he fooled me, dates of nearly 15 years, at a time where internet and communication was not so easy.
I bet that if I would have been in UK the situation would have been totaly different. But no. I still remember : "Why should you come ? We can arange the shipping of this chassis for a very reasonable cost by a professional company"
I should never have accepted this. And complaining would have been useless : the transportation cost was to another company

Anyway, I don't have more trust (even less) in the other company mentionned in this sad story
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 10:12:31 pm »

I don't consider Will to be dishonest.  There are two problems with his operation.  One is that like many small businesses in the UK, he uses a third party to process his card payments and these people always take the money straight away.  The other is that he doesn't appear to hold a large stock and has to order parts in.  These can sometimes take a long time to arrive, meanwhile the customer has already paid.  In his defence, I have always had a very quick service when the parts are in stock.
I am with Pete on this. I ordered 3 sets of stainless steel cooling pipes for mine, Jans and Jespers Murenas. It tooke more than two months, but they did arrive and were of high quality. The problem was that he had to get them manufactured first and the delay was longer than either of us expected.

Will. If you are reading this, make things right for Matia. A bad reputation could keep us from dealing with you in the future.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 07:20:06 pm »

I share Michal opinion that issues like that are more likely with distance.

Well, I used to live in Denmark - not "some country in the East"- but still far enough away.
I have ordered ALL my parts from Will - not using his nice webshop (as I started dealing with him in 1995 way before he got the webshop setup). All I have done over the years was to send him an email, and he come back with support and suggestions, and eventually the right part. Shipment has always arrived in due time, and I really have only praise, and certainly no complaints after dealing with him for almost 15 years.

/Lennart

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 10:25:56 pm »

Are there some news? Does somebody contacted Will and have his expanation?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: