| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Matra-Conversion  (Read 68435 times)
jos

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 10:39:32 am »

jos

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 10:39:48 am »

jos

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 10:40:09 am »

Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2005, 02:09:38 pm »

Hi Jos.
Interesting to hear about your brake up grade. I will be interested in hearing in more details how it has been done, incl. suppliers etc.
I am also thinking of upgrading my Murena breaks as I am preparing a 505 Turbo engine for installation in my Murena. I have just received (a copy of) a Danielson camshaft. With this cam together with increased fuel pressure (3.1 bar) and boost at 0.8 bar the engine will hopefully deliver around 220 HP and 370Nm.
At present I have a normally aspirated 2.2 engine with a Polytechnic 150 CV camshaft. Even with that engine I am often in situations where I am whishing that the Murena had some better brakes.
Regards Hans
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2005, 02:19:09 pm »

and here a picture of my N9TE engine getting redy for a test run in the workshop.

Hans
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2005, 06:36:51 pm »

Even with that engine I am often in situations where I am whishing that the Murena had some better brakes.

Hans, where are you driving?  Grin

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2005, 12:40:23 pm »

Dear Anders.
I live in the northern part of Denmark, where payments of VAT and driving within the speed limits have newer been popular.
During my daily drive to work I used to pass 2 roundabouts. My entering speed to the roundabout was 100+ km/h and my exit speed was app. 80 km/h. Quite often it happened that other motorists who were entering the roundabout did not realize that I was driving that fast and entered the roundabout in front of me. In those situations I often whished that the Murena had better brakes.
Cheers Hans
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 10:49:49 pm »

Dear Anders.
I live in the northern part of Denmark, where payments of VAT and driving within the speed limits have newer been popular.
During my daily drive to work I used to pass 2 roundabouts. My entering speed to the roundabout was 100+ km/h and my exit speed was app. 80 km/h. Quite often it happened that other motorists who were entering the roundabout did not realize that I was driving that fast and entered the roundabout in front of me. In those situations I often whished that the Murena had better brakes.
Cheers Hans

That's really hard to understand for us in Copenhagen, where every corner has radar speed control. Tongue
I try to stay below the limit when I drive my new 3.0 24v Espace, fortunately it has cruise control. I guess that wouldn't really suit a Murena... There's plenty of fun in the corners in that car by the way... but that's another story. Cheesy

Cheers,
Anders

Used to own:
hru

Murena Lover :-)

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2006, 06:20:02 pm »

Jos,

Can you tell us a little more of upgrading the brake discs ?
Was it for all 4 wheels, or just the front ?
Which suplliers were used ?
What size alloys/tyres have you mounted on the car ?

And for the rest of the forum ? Has anybody ever examined the taxes for the V6 conversion - taxes in Denmark I mean.

Regards to all
Henrik

Well, now my car is equipped with 300mm discs and 4 pot callipers front. The braking and equally important, fading and feeling have been improved a lot. Later I will install a Willwood brake pressure adjuster and this winter an upgrade for the rear is planned as well, alsmost sorted by a friend of mine Grin The car's weight is 1050Kg  Smiley
The Alfa gearbox can easily handle the power ( in my case 232Hp on the dyno ).
In case you are seriously considering an Alfa conversion the easiest way is to contact Ruud ( Carjoy ) to get to know what is required. Judging from that you can consider what to to / search / buy yourself. It is more or less a kit now, since at least 5 are built and more to come. Also a gastank is available.

Matra Murena 2.2
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2006, 03:09:15 pm »

And for the rest of the forum ? Has anybody ever examined the taxes for the V6 conversion - taxes in Denmark I mean.

The V6 cannot be made legal for road use in Denmark since it is not allowed to increase engine power by more than (I think) 20% when replacing the engine. Tuning of the original engine is legal as far as you can go, though.

I don't know the exact rules, but this is what I have been told.

The rules are available on http://www.fstyr.dk/sw23095.asp  Wink
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 03:54:19 pm by dinsen » Logged

Used to own:
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2006, 07:26:48 am »

It is my understanding that if a car (say a Murena V6) has been approved by the local authorities in a EU membership country and registered in that country, this car can be imported and registered in Denmark.
So much benefit from the European Common Marked.

cheers Hans
hru

Murena Lover :-)

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2006, 06:04:21 pm »

In Denmark, it is legal to switch engines etc. and thereby to increase the engine power to more than 20%. -no problems *but* it will off course be taxed.
The only question is how much........ ?

The brakes from Jos' Murena are from HI SPEC - see attached link.

www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/index.htm

Jos, I noticed your car is for sale at www.matratekoop.nl - Looks interesting, but there is no price......

Matra Murena 2.2
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: