| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Keyfob battery change, JE?  (Read 5777 times)
TheJoker

« on: January 18, 2010, 10:22:54 am »

Hi again  Grin

I think the battery in my key is getting a bit worn out. Before it dies completely I'd like to know if I can simply change the battery or do I need some special stuff/kit/programming to do that?

Usually you can do it quickly if you simply switch the battery quickly.

Anyone know?

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:09:02 am »

Hi again  Grin

I think the battery in my key is getting a bit worn out. Before it dies completely I'd like to know if I can simply change the battery or do I need some special stuff/kit/programming to do that?

Usually you can do it quickly if you simply switch the battery quickly.

Anyone know?

Nothing special here.  Just open up the Plip and replace the battery.  It should work straight away afterwards.  There is no need for any resetting.

Roy

TheJoker

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:16:41 am »

Nothing special here.  Just open up the Plip and replace the battery.  It should work straight away afterwards.  There is no need for any resetting.

Roy

Thanks very much, Roy! Appreciate it. (Still need to send those Matra F1 pics/vids to you! OOops!!)

TheJoker

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:58:25 am »

Opened the fob up to see what's in there. There's two batteries of type CR2016 they're 3V.
I'm attaching two pics to show how they're placed and a pic of the batteries that was in my fob. You open the fob with the only visible screw. Pry it open at the key-ring-hole with a flat screw driver.

Just need to buy some batteries now.  Smiley

colin4255

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:11:37 pm »

Mine recently went flat. I bought them from my local Tesco supermarket for a few pounds - a lot cheaper than Reanulat dealer. Be sure to fit them exactly as they came out though, both the same way up, one on top of the other. I got this wrong initially and could not get in to the car!! pays to watch what you are doing..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: