| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bagheera S2 in Portugal  (Read 4004 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: April 12, 2023, 07:07:34 pm »

I have received this email from a Willem Toose in Portugal. Normally I ask people to join the forum for this, but I think this is a special case.

My name is Willem Toose, I am 80 years old and live in Portugal.

A few years ago I bought a Matra Bagheera Series 1 with Portuguese registration papers and a Series 2 with Spanish papers: with the intention of restoring it.

Restoring old cars has been a hobby of mine for many years. After dismantling the fiberglass body parts, the chassis turned out to be in very bad condition. Since the body parts of the Series 1 had been modified in the past, I decided to restore the Series 2.

All parts were dismantled and are now restored. The chassis was sandblasted and after a lot of effort and time a good sheet metal worker was found who, with parts that I had bought and others that he made himself, started work on the rear, which has now been nicely finished.

Unfortunately, time has caught up with me and I am no longer able to complete the restoration. Both cars are now available for a new owner as well as the large amount of restored parts and also the engine which has also been refurbished. 

Photos are available.

I have asked him for photos, which I will add if they arrive.  If you are interested, please let me know, and I can get you in contact with eachother.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 07:33:07 pm »

I have asked him for photos, which I will add if they arrive.  If you are interested, please let me know, and I can get you in contact with eachother.

/Lennart

And here are the pictures of the chassis - looks beautiful !! :

Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 07:35:19 pm »

more  pictures :

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2023, 07:42:36 pm »

and another batch (only one more to go):

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 07:45:48 pm »

... and the last batch of pictures - including one of Willem himself with the engine.

He also said it was ok to put his email address here, so it is: toose dot willem   AT   me.com

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 07:46:46 pm »

[This looks like a mix between Airfix and Haynes - a perfect kit to build your dream !! :-)

Dokkedal

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 07:54:34 pm »

Is it pôssible to know the VIN of thid car please, I will be able to say the original configuration. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: