| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What kinda gazoline?  (Read 8911 times)
njesper

« on: May 25, 2006, 01:45:04 pm »

yep, I'm a looser... have ordered the manual for my murena 2.2 (81) but havent received it from germany yet.
I've started working on it, and I still don't know what this beast drinks... Could somebody enlighten me on what kinda petrol, I should fill it up with?

I'm living in Denmark, so this lame question goes out to a dane, that feels pitty for me  Roll Eyes

Best regards,
Jesper
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 02:59:22 pm »

I am driving on 95 unleaded, and I have done so for approx. 10 years and 50.000 km with out any problems.

Regards Hans
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 10:57:42 am »

Will that go for a standard 2.2 "s" version aswell?..(assuming that the cylinderhead hasnt been skimmed to increase compression)
Im picking up a murena this weekend that has had the engine modified to "s" spec.. and the owner tells me that he feeds it a generous amount of octanebooster...
Ralph2

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 11:35:29 pm »

I always ran my 2.2 S spec engine on Shell Optimax with Millers VST additive which gave an octane rating of around 100. I think you could run on standard 95 Octane OK (Hans has proved this aleady!) as I believe the valve seats are hardened as in any aluminium head, but you would need to back off the ignition a few degrees which would lose the sparkle in performance.

Ralph
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 12:55:51 am »

but you would need to back off the ignition a few degrees

Yep. However, this will often make the engine run a little hotter - so make sure the cooling system is up to spec.

(well, - of course we should *always* make sure the coolingsystem on our midengined cars is up to spec.)

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: