| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT - Server outage Thursday May 27 2010 !  (Read 19018 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: May 25, 2010, 05:52:02 pm »

We have (for quite some time) been asked to change the IP address of the server - which affects all the websites hosted on it ... quite a bit to organise.

I have decided to go ahead and get this done THIS THURSDAY  May 27 2010 at 12:00 GMT, as I want to have people around the data-centre (in Copenhagen) while I do the deed here from UK. In my lunch-break. (!)

I have already the DNS TTL for matrasportt.dk set to 60, so provided nothing goes wrong (and believe me, many things can and probably will?) it should be a fairly simple process.

However - if you can't get to MatraSport Thursday from lunchtime and onwards, its now explained, and I will look into it ASAP.

I have a fairly full schedule at work, so if I can't make it work at lunchtime, - it may have to wait until the end of the afternoon.

Now you are warned. :-)

All the best, and wish me luck !

/Lennart Sorth
 Matrasport.dk

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 11:00:17 am »

For information, the old server IP is/was: 130.228.2.207,  the NEW is: 95.128.24.74
(if some of you use host files or similar)

/Lennart Sorth

Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 03:22:23 pm »

ALL DONE ! :-)

I configured BOTH old and new address on the server, which means, even people sitting behind
caching DNS servers or similar, will be able to get to the sites.

I will however sometime soon, remove the link to the "old world".

If only all my server issues were as easy as this, tut tut :-)

/Lennart

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: