| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 505 turbo engine in a Murena?  (Read 25819 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:19 pm »

Adding a cam from an S would make it quick enough.

Actually the 'S' cam is not that good in my opinion.  It had high lift but relatively short duration.  The Holbay 58C profile which I have had done on a number of cams, is much better.  It has slightly less lift but longer duration - 296 degrees compared to 279 and valve overlap is 76 degrees compared to only 56.5 with the 'S' cam.  I have driven an 'S' with the Holbay cam and I know it is better.  And of course there is the cost - to buy an 'S' cam is lots of money, but a reprofile is something like £10 per lobe or £80 plus carr. and VAT.  Obviously Holbay are no longer in operation, but there are others like Kent Cams or Burton or Piper and I'm sure there are others.  If they need the spec. I have many of the common ones.  I even have a Holbay 57C in my box which I haven't tried yet - it is even more aggressive than the 58C with 'S' type lift and slightly longer duration and overlap even than the 58C!

Roy
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:26:54 pm by roy4matra » Logged

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 07:50:17 pm »

Yes but that has ruined the boot space!  I love the practicality of the Murena that can take three people and three good suit cases when required.  I took a long trip to Le Mans a few years back with three people and all our luggage and the car coped well.  I even got 39 mpg for the trip simply because we stuck to the 'D' roads and the speed limits (we were on holiday so didn't need to rush).  That didn't mean I wasn't driving quite quickly when the road was open and traffic free but I was not using hard acceleration generally and cruising at no more than 110 kph or lower depending on the speed limits.  Of course you rarely need to slow for corners...  :-)

Roy

JV

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 01:13:53 pm »

That one is for sale at Carjoy at this moment.
However, a turbo conversion is possible with less extensive modifications. I had one (years ago) without any modification of the trunk, only some electronic parts were located there.
You can find pictures from several owners with such a 2l2 turbo conversion on the internet, for instance:
http://members.chello.nl/d.bruin11/ and then the last fotos.
Some information in French can be found at:
http://www.espace-murena.com/articles.html under Moteur 2L2 TURBO

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:18:54 pm by JV » Logged

Jan Verdam
Matra Murena 2.2S bleue columbia
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 10:01:13 pm »

...and hot  Wink

Yep and then it ends like this.

Better keep the engine original as it is to hot for the turbo engine in there.
It has sufficient power to keep up with traffic nowadays.
Even my 1.6 do nice and street racing, you will loose all.
The car is from a different era Wink

Herman
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:57:26 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
eric

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 09:13:23 am »

hello

http://members.chello.nl/d.bruin11/

Thats was my turbo murena,the conversion is very easy, you can use the murena gearbox, only use a clutchplate
from a citroen cx diesel.
you must modify the gearlever a little bit next to the turbo, it was almost nothing.
i mount the intercooler under a angle and under it a elektric fan see photo 's on my site, and it WAS COOL even in a traffic jam !!! (don't believe all stories of others, i drive it for 6 years , it was COOL)
Believe me it is the most easy conversion of a murena.
My murena is now by carjoy, the engine is for sale , i want now a v6 turbo conversion

Eric
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:19:06 am by eric » Logged
matramurena

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 10:21:32 am »

I believe your engine was sold by Carjoy a few days ago.

Martijn

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
eric

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 03:01:06 pm »

Hoi Martijn

I hope so.
V-M

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 01:43:31 pm »

I have some extra exhaust, inlet, pipes and IC from 505 turbo inj from N9T engine. 3-4sets.  Also some pistons, heads etc  

V-M
Finland
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:23:01 pm by V-M » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: