| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cigar lighter bulb replacement  (Read 4188 times)
GrahamT

« on: April 13, 2010, 12:56:22 am »

Hi,
Stupid question but, does anyone know how to get to the bulb in the cigar lighter?
I've had a look and all the screws seem to be inside out, if you see what I mean LOL!
How do you get the panel with the ashtry, cigar lighter, fog light switches etc out??? (if I need to!!)
1994 2.1TD RHD UK model.
Any pointers appreciated,
Cheers,
Graham
Elmo the Espace

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:38:35 pm »

Hi Graham,
You cant get the black plastic surround off without removing the top dash section then the complete bottom section.
Easyest way find some one with small hands then remove ash tray prize out the metal curved plate behind, also you could remove the radio and lower cubby hole.
Get a small mirror to look at the back of the lighter you will then need to  remove plug,push the center of the lighter out then you should see the bulb and holder.
if you take the radio out least then you will see where the small bits of plastic fall
Hope this helps.
It is easyer if you have a time clock in the dash and removing the row of switches wont help.
If you break the lighter getting it out i do have a spare
Chris

1965 Land rover 2a SWB
1966 Land Rover 2a SWB
2 x 1994 2.0i Espace's
Transit 140 bhp limited SWB 2009
GrahamT

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:33:46 am »

Thanks Chris.
How bonkers is that! Oh well. I did try pushing the lighter out from behind but there was no way it was coming out. I even unscrewed the little torx screw inside the lighter but that just resulted in the rear of the lighter, where the connector, is falling apart.
I'll have another go but I think I'll just be forgetting it!
Cheers,
Graham
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: