| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Car cover  (Read 7302 times)
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« on: May 16, 2010, 09:49:21 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Complete-Car-Cover-MATRA-simca-classic-BAGHEERA-MB5B-/270567665093?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3eff16edc5

Has someone tried this one ?
I have made one for inside usage but the fabric only was much more expensive
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:16:59 am »

I would be very pleased to find a good "water-proof" car cover for a Bagheera. This advert makes it sound good (it would, wouldn't it?) but the returns policy also sounds good if you are not satisfied with it.

I have purchased a number of "good" covers over the years and none has survived very long. One at least was double that price! Most came from eBay.

Difficult to believe that it is made specifically for the Bagheera! It might be worth asking about the dimensions.

If you decide to buy it would you like to get it delivered to my house and collect it next week? Alternatively you could check out the two covers I already have here before making your buying decision.

Andy

PS A thought... Would the risk of air travel disruption to your travel plans due to Icelandic volcano ash make it easier for you to persuade your boss to let you bring a Matra to the UK and stay over for Prescott?

Back in business for fun!
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 01:18:48 pm »

PS A thought... Would the risk of air travel disruption to your travel plans due to Icelandic volcano ash make it easier for you to persuade your boss to let you bring a Matra to the UK and stay over for Prescott?

I'm affraid it wouldn't.
I was supposed to fly to Edinburgh this morning and ...  Huh
Maybee tomorrow by train  Cheesy

So think it would be wiser to use the money for something else.
I might have idea's for that.

andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »

If British Airways could persuade their striking cabin crew to choose eruption day that would save everybody hassle! It is so quiet under the flight path these days. A true silver lining.

Sorry --- just a bit off topic!

Andy

Back in business for fun!
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 08:16:09 pm »

If you decide to buy it would you like to get it delivered to my house and collect it next week? Alternatively you could check out the two covers I already have here before making your buying decision.

Andy

You tempted me.
Now I'll be tempting you  Wink
Murena IRL

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 12:35:45 am »

I bought a car cover for a Porsche Boxster that fitted really well on my Murena.

It was made by Classic Additions, bought it off ebay. It was used (seller had already sold the car). 

I think if you can get a good used quality Boxster cover would be better. (Some of these high end Porsche covers are over £300 new).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: