| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Minimum race weight for a Murena?  (Read 26445 times)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 02:26:05 pm »

The problem with wide tyres is more of a camber control problem, and that's a field that semi-trailing arms aren't at their best.

I'd rather say that they are problematic to setup since they allow no adjustment and there's no easy way of moving the fixation points on the chassis.

I came across this surprisingly well written article about semi-rear trailing arms on BMW E30's that you might find interesting, Pär (if you don't know it already), as the principle in the Murena is exactly the same (though the numbers are obviously different) and he is concerned with just the same as you: Racing Smiley

http://www.e30m3performance.com/tech_articles/susp-tech/rear_curves/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 02:32:55 pm by dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pär Hansson

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 03:16:16 am »

Thank you for the link, dinsen, but I've already read it, since one of my earlier cars was a Peugeot 504 Coupé destined for track use. Hence, I've googled the most related to semi-trailing arms.

However, it comes to mind that it was during a mail conversation with a customer that a Grp A M3 E30 solution was presented. A 2D outer link ajustment that is.

It's an inferior solution, but, hey, if it's good enough for Porsche, Peugeot and BMW, it's good enough for me! Grin
Pär Hansson

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 07:03:53 pm »

Sorry to say, I will sell this car and revert to a more manageable project. Probably a Miata.

Even explored the possibilities of planting a two stoke V8 or V6 boat motor in it (to create a pure track car with an attitude), but my time and energy will not last this project since I will have to reconstruct most of the chassis in order to get registration papers. The chassis is fine otherwise.

Thank you for all the answers, however!  Kiss

See the ad here: http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php?topic=264.0

BR / Pär
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: