| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: MATRA MERANA !  (Read 41265 times)
Murena IRL

« on: May 25, 2010, 07:04:17 pm »

Looks like someone has had the lights already!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MATRA-MERANA-PROJECT-SPARES-/180511615977?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a0754abe9
davidewanprice
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:58:52 pm »

He might kick himself for not spelling it right, and even though there's a few bits missing there's a bargin there for someone!
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:09:57 pm »

Seats look very good...

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
davidewanprice
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 11:12:11 pm »

I was thinking EXACTLY THE SAME THING! Still got mirrors too, worth a £100 of anyones money!
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:00:55 am »

From the looks of the suspension I'd say the engine is missing too...
davidewanprice
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 12:28:09 am »

Mote details listed now and it now has a bid on it... Lights are included!  Happy bidding...
JL

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 11:22:20 am »

I think the rear lights must be from a Talbot Horizon, if you look at the picture of the rear of the car through the fence you can see a piece of red curved material that is in place even thought the rear lights are removed.

I am tempted to bid but it is a bit far away for me.

John
lewisman

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 01:16:57 pm »

If anyone on here buys it for spares - assuming that it is as bad as it looks I would not fancy trying to restore it - I would be interested in buying any of the black plastic interior trim parts from around the dashboard.

I have a black dash top and main section but none of the smaller bits.

Cheers

David
lewisman

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 03:28:12 am »

It sold!

Anyone on here buy it?
GP
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:13 pm »

It sold!

Anyone on here buy it?

Yes I did. Just been down to Somerset today and bought it back to Kent on a trailer.  Engine stripped completely right down to a bare block and has been left outside for many years with all the auxilliary components from the engine bay.  Glass, Mirrors and tailights lenses all present and correct.  Chassis is good including the trailing arms.  Body work so so.  Best £158:00  though I have ever spent!  Grin

GP
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:35:54 pm by GP » Logged
davidewanprice
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 12:15:43 am »

Glad to hear you got it! so what's your plans?
GP
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:05:02 am »

In my dreams I would like to turn it into a lightweight racer with one seat, roll cage and no interior. Build a fuel injected fire breathing 2.2  litre (or bigger if possible?) engine. Then replicate one of the  Murena évolution "Groupe F" cars from the 80's.

I will then turn up at  "La Vie en Blue" at Prescott (which it would be eligible for as well) and win a huge trophy worth £2:50 for a brilliant return on investment  Cheesy

What do you think of that dream then?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:11:46 am by GP » Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 11:00:37 am »

In my dreams I would like to turn it into a lightweight racer with one seat, roll cage and no interior. Build a fuel injected fire breathing 2.2  litre (or bigger if possible?) engine. Then replicate one of the  Murena évolution "Groupe F" cars from the 80's.

I will then turn up at  "La Vie en Blue" at Prescott (which it would be eligible for as well) and win a huge trophy worth £2:50 for a brilliant return on investment  Cheesy

I like it. Grin
I was watching Le Mans qualifying on TV last night and speculating on what it would take to qualify a Murena for the race.  Cheesy
I have plans for converting my 2.2 into fuel injection. I bought a 205 Turbo injection manifold from Anders. I have the wide-band Lambda probe required and will probably use a MegaSquirt controller. It will not increase HP, but it will make coldweather starting easier and improve fuel consumption. I hope Wink
Before this I will probably fit a Holbay cam. Anders has kindly lend me his spare, so I can have it ground to Holbay specs and still be able to drive my car while that is happening. Unfortunately Coltec Racing, where it should have been ground, closed down and he is not yet ready to do the work at his new place. I will be looking for other places that are able to do the work.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 11:29:47 am »

Unfortunately Coltec Racing, where it should have been ground, closed down and he is not yet ready to do the work at his new place. I will be looking for other places that are able to do the work.

Not strictly true, he's moved premises but from my conversations with him he is not really interested in doing camshafts and has sold the machine to a private buyer who is probably not interested in commercial work.  Coltec is alive and well, but we will have to look elsewhere for our camshafts.
GP
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 10:33:53 pm »

I will then turn up at  "La Vie en Blue" at Prescott (which it would be eligible for as well) and win a huge trophy worth £2:50 for a brilliant return on investment  Cheesy

Just recently returned from Germany with a little something to get closer to the dream!

Oh dear what have I done now?  Undecided

GP
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: