| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: engine cooling  (Read 7563 times)
rills

« on: July 19, 2006, 03:25:42 pm »

I have another problem, the bottel fore the cooling wather geet full when the car stands still for some time, is that rith or is somthing broken..??

"pedal to the metal"
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:16:02 pm »

trapped air in the system ?

On the Murena 1.6 you can loosen the thermostat on the top of the engine, to let air out - not sure you have a similar possibility on the Bag, but the point is to make sure the system has no trapped airbubbles.

On my Peugeot 1.9i engine there is in fact a small air-screw on the top of the engine to do just that ... you can call that evolution. :-)

As the air will collect itself in the top of the system, you "just" need to locate a good place where you can loosen a clip or similar, to let the air out. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
rills

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 01:18:16 am »

Oh, can that be the problem =)

Yes, i know, and on my old Peugeot 205 Mi16(converted) i hade 2 "air reles" screws.
It was a smart thing to have, maybe...hmm...someone whit som emadination can comeup whit a place to put at "air reles" screw on a Bagheera/murena, shuld be a lot easyer.

"pedal to the metal"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: