| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace air-con problem  (Read 6608 times)
keyth

I'm a llama!

« on: June 29, 2005, 03:14:58 am »

I'm a newbe with a 1993 espace rxe (j636) , my problem with it is the air-con has started turning itself on , it's happening when the car gets warm enough to trigger the radiator cooling fans , I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere which shows how the air-con system and cooling fans integrate ( the haynes book is no help) .the only way i can stop this happening is to disconect either relay that are mounted inside the ecu box cover , by doing this the air-con compressor disengages , but i really don't think the relays are at fault , there must be aprox 12 relays spread out under the bonnet on these cars and to know what they all do may help me me solve this problem ( along with a good wiring diagram)
panter

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 12:33:22 am »

I've got it but it's too large.
90Mb
Try eMule or send me your mail.
panter

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 12:50:23 am »

I think this also belongs here...

I don't know which idiot designed J63's heating, but recently I've realized that there is NO heating radiator switchoff/bypass valve. Simply YOU CAN NOT SWITCH OFF HEATING.
Although you do close the lid on a chamber with radiator but it still heats the interior. Emediatelly I went to rectify that nonsense and found a very nice switchover valve with a nice large orifice.

BUT...

Manual (renault) says that it helps cooling the engine (J8S Turbo) and it is directly connected to the head which is as we know the heat most sensitive part. Where did they plan that heat to go, my legs? No thanks. No wonder that the AirCon works this weakly.

Since I saw the schematics I wonder what were these people thinking of, space shuttle?

Unfortunetely I like this car, but these guys did some unnecessarily coplicated things here. Why?

Here's what I'll do. I'll still put that valve in and connect it to clima control on the dashboard. But I'll still have to cut a hole on a front bumper where front licence table is. It covers the middle of the radiator. I want that heat out - thanks, but no thanks.

It just might look good too.

Any hints where can I put licence table? Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: