| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Changing stock Radio/Cd keeping fully functional steering column remote  (Read 7623 times)
e.space.3

« on: July 27, 2010, 05:07:09 pm »

Hello,
I have this cd/radio and I wonder if I buy one of this remote interface, my original (Renault) steering weel remote and radio display on dash will work in this combination.

Simpler:

Original Renault remote control on steering column/dash display with radiocd info <----------> one of the three remote interfaces listed above <----------> my new Radio-cd

Anybody have this combination?
It Worked?

Any sugestions are welcome

Thank you

1999 JE0N F4R A 700 RXE
Trolkar

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:20:00 pm »

If you get it to work, please inform me! - My radio is having its own life...

'99 Renault Grand Espace 3.0 V6-24v
'97 Mitsubishi Galant Wagon 2.5 V6-24v
e.space.3

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 02:18:43 am »

First of all, my new radio/cd does not have an out signal for display. So no radio/cd display on dash. Just the orange word "OFF".
If you want a radio/cd with display signal out, you must look for that capability when you buy it.

Only thing to do (for me now) is the steering remote. Which is very simple for Pioneer units with wired remote capability.
Just few resistors soldered between wires of 10 pin connector (models prior 2000 I think !?!?!?!).
I did not have the original car stereo and do not know what function have the wheel (molette) on the back of the remote?
also "Buton bas" Huh??

This is what I have.

Notice : there is just one button in the upper part of remote.

Newer versions look like this, with two buttons in the upper part. Notice the new type of connector (yellow)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:26:01 am by e.space.3 » Logged

1999 JE0N F4R A 700 RXE
Trolkar

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 01:13:50 pm »

Where have you installed the new radio? - Pictures please :-)

'99 Renault Grand Espace 3.0 V6-24v
'97 Mitsubishi Galant Wagon 2.5 V6-24v
gusti4u

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 10:07:18 pm »

has anyone solved this problem?

I have original cassete radio Pioneer, but I would like to change it to something modern with USB, but to keep steering remote and head displey!

Anyone?

mhi

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 03:22:01 pm »

I fitted a replacement radio to my J636 - no head display, but a steering-column remote. I fitted an Autoleads brand adaptor between the new (JVC) radio and the car's (Philips) remote. The adaptor came in two parts, bought separately: one fits the radio and the other is a wiring adaptor to fit the car. With the chunky multi-way connectors on the ends of the various wires, and a small black box, it's quite tricky to fit neatly behind the radio in the dashboard: in my case there's a space intended for a CD changer, which I haven't got, and the adaptor goes there.

One of the connectors for mine was faulty, and it was very difficult to work out what was wrong: incompatible parts, not connected right, or a fault (and in which unit). Eventually I found the wobbly wire and the supplier replaced it. That took a few weeks exchanging e-mail instructions and working though (useless) test procedures -- the test which found the problem involved a magnifying lens and a bit of wire wiggling.

Once installed and debugged, this worked without any more attention or fuss. It's been in use for 5 years now.

Mark

1994 Espace RXE 2.0 (J636)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: