| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grand Espace 2.2 Dti Brakes  (Read 6274 times)
jag

« on: August 22, 2006, 01:59:15 pm »

Could anyone please tell me that if they have suffered the same problem as me the other day.
I was approaching a roundabout at a bottom of a steep hill, braked well in advance, but my brake pedal almost touched the floor and the car jerked very violently to an almighty stop. As i carried on round the corner my brake pedal seemed very soft.
I am hoping to have a look at the weekend, perhaps anyone may know that whether the servo is at fault or maybe the master cylinder.  I have no brake fluid leaks as far as I can see.

1999  Grand Espace 2.2 dTi RTX
2003  Peugeot 206 1.4 Hdi LX
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:14:04 pm »

I wouldn't point at the servo, but master cylinder is possible. Or a leak somewhere where you do not notice. Fortunately I have never experienced that problem, but this kind of failure is obviously not something you want to drive around with.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
jag

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:49:02 pm »

Thanks Anders once again,  but i have only driven the car a short distance since the problem occurred. But  now I am not even sure that it is a problem with the brakes. Because my pedal seems to be ok, but  when i do brake the whole of the front of the car is very noisy and when i apply full lock onto the steering i can hear some heavy rubbing noise as if my drive shaft is struggling to turn. I am going to have a look at it over the weekend and in the mean time stop using it in case my steering / drive shafts are the culprits.

Thanks Jag

1999  Grand Espace 2.2 dTi RTX
2003  Peugeot 206 1.4 Hdi LX
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: