| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: mk3 espace steering column uj  (Read 20430 times)
BrianM

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 02:01:03 pm »

The column splits into two. It is joined with two pins that slot together. So you can just replace the lower half without stripping down the steering wheel etc. I'm doing this at the mo so will do some photos & post them later.
chewbacca

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 02:39:15 pm »

Thanks Brian

Failed mot on uj yesterday ,thought it might ,hence the query.Took it home last night,yes removed the airbag steering wheel,stereo remote.it got dark,and working today so back to it tomorrow,probably just caught me in time.Will now look to split at centre as you suggest .Much better option.Ross suggests bottom uj splined to shaft so going to remove first then see what i have.

Regards Jim
chewbacca

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 11:10:28 am »

Hi Brian

I removed the uj this morning without splitting the shaft.The bottom 6" of shaft with uj atatched  has an internal spline which in effect attatches to the steering column which has an external spline,so all that needs removing is bottom 6" of shaft uj atatched.Now to source a new UJ.When i find the camera I'll post some pictures.

Regards Jim.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:32:58 pm by chewbacca » Logged
chewbacca

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 01:07:38 pm »

Hi Brian

That's it repaired locally and  refitted ,£60 a snip compared to the £450 of a new column.

Kind Regards Jim
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:12:17 pm by chewbacca » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: