| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Clips holding wires  (Read 4350 times)
davidewanprice
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:55:46 pm »

Hi there,

Last weekend I was fitting my nice new stainless fuel tank straps, and generally having a good look aroubd under the car when I noticed to my horror several leads (1 being the plastic vacuum pipes) zip ties to the cooling pipes! I'm thinking not a great idea by someone! Anyway it looks like there should be some green/yellow plastic clips holdingvthese wires away from hot pipes etc but seem to be missing? Is this something that I could get as a replacement item or am I going to have to get creative, I've looked on car builders solutions but coulnt see anything so am wondering if you guys can help? , think you see things similar to this holding battery leads in place too?
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:13:43 am »

It's definitely better to have the battery lead zip-tied to the cooling pipes than having them loose, after all the pipes only get about 70 degrees C or so, and if it's the return pipe from the rad, then it's always quite cold. Apart from that, I agree with you - it should be fixed to the chassis instead.

Vehicle Wiring Products has got what you need:
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/cableclips/cableclips.php

I can't say exactly where the lead should be fixed, though, as I haven't noticed before. On monday, I'll get my car MOT'ed, which means that I'll have a chance to get under it. I'll try to remember to look for the exact routing, and perhaps even take a photo.

Cheers,
/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:15:04 am »

Hi there,

Last weekend I was fitting my nice new stainless fuel tank straps, and generally having a good look aroubd under the car when I noticed to my horror several leads (1 being the plastic vacuum pipes) zip ties to the cooling pipes! I'm thinking not a great idea by someone! Anyway it looks like there should be some green/yellow plastic clips holdingvthese wires away from hot pipes etc but seem to be missing? Is this something that I could get as a replacement item or am I going to have to get creative, I've looked on car builders solutions but coulnt see anything so am wondering if you guys can help? , think you see things similar to this holding battery leads in place too?

There should defenitely be clips to hold the wires and vacuum lines. Look at the photos from under my car in the post about cooling pipes. You can see the clips that are on my car.

http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,1643.msg13060.html#msg13060
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:42:00 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: