| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: brown boot carpet needed  (Read 8759 times)
davidewanprice
« on: July 19, 2009, 04:44:28 pm »

Hi guys, Im after two large pieces of brown boot carpet/lining, if anyone has some i.e. I know someone broke up a murena last year, i'd be happy to buy from you. I'm in the process of making 2 x inner boot light covers from aluminium and want them to be covered in the same material as the rest of my boot. Hope to hear from someone, thanks
davidewanprice
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:50:16 pm »

Tonight Ive been busy bending aluminium and have finally made the first rear brake light cover for my Murena, though not 100% finished i'm pretty please with it. Ive tried it in place and the fit is near perfect. ive covered the edges with tape to stop them pulling the carpet. My intention is to cut a further hole in it and insert the small light which can be used to illuminate the boot space. I think if I can get some brown carpet like the stuff in the boot to cover these it will be a job well done.

Just thought I'd share this with you

So anyone with some spare brown carpet or knows of anyone who might, let me know. Many thanks
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:52:49 pm by davidewanprice » Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 09:47:46 am »

Tonight Ive been busy bending aluminium and have finally made the first rear brake light cover for my Murena, though not 100% finished i'm pretty please with it. Ive tried it in place and the fit is near perfect. ive covered the edges with tape to stop them pulling the carpet. My intention is to cut a further hole in it and insert the small light which can be used to illuminate the boot space. I think if I can get some brown carpet like the stuff in the boot to cover these it will be a job well done.

Just thought I'd share this with you

So anyone with some spare brown carpet or knows of anyone who might, let me know. Many thanks

I don't know how long you are willing to wait for it,  Cheesy but at some point I will be relplacing the brown carpeting over the engine and in the boot, because parts are worn pretty bad. There probably is enough, that is still ok, for your light covers. On my list of things to do it is probably a year away,  Shocked since I need to paint the car first,... after I finish with the mechanical and rust challenges.  Grin

Matranaut par excellence Cool
davidewanprice
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 11:14:32 pm »

Thats a very kind offer, thank you very much. If i'm still needy by then i'd be happy to have some, are you loosing the brown colour as a whole for your re-trim?
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:47:53 am »

Thats a very kind offer, thank you very much. If i'm still needy by then i'd be happy to have some, are you loosing the brown colour as a whole for your re-trim?

No, I will keep a brown color, but not necessarerly the same shade. I plan to change to leather seats and trim inside. For the back I will use a synthetic leather for the engine cover and boot. Synthetic because I don't think leather will take kindly to oil and dirt when working on the engine.  Cheesy

By the way, I also need to make covers for my tail lights. But I will probably make them in fiberglass. On the later models there is no cover needed, since there is no hole, but a bulge, where the lights are mounted from the outside.

davidewanprice
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 10:36:11 pm »

Just thought I'd show a picture of my rear light cover now its been covered in brown boot carpet, I think its looks pretty good and when ive done the other side will make the boot area look better.. I'm sure you'll note there is no light as yet, this might get added at a later date..
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 10:46:42 am »

Just thought I'd show a picture of my rear light cover now its been covered in brown boot carpet, I think its looks pretty good and when ive done the other side will make the boot area look better.. I'm sure you'll note there is no light as yet, this might get added at a later date..
Hi David.

Somehow I missed this post of yours. That cover looks really good.  Cheesy

I have been trying to locate the brown carpet myself, so where did you manage to get it?

I thought I had found it at http://www.automobiletrim.com but they are out of the brown carpet and will not produce it in the forseable future. Angry

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: