| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: woo hoo got my locking working!!!! but one more question  (Read 10931 times)
yellowt5r

« on: September 29, 2010, 02:13:11 pm »

Hi I got a 2001 espace and have been reading about the central locking issues as i have the same issue but just want ot be clear i understand it right.

i have one key only, this key is the radio type i belive. it does not lock or unlock the car at all. all locking is done within the car. and then i have to lock the pass door.

now from what i have read i have done the following;

put key in ignition turn on

wait for LED (dash) to go out

turn ignition off

remove key and press the key button, little red light flashes on the key (not everytime i push it though),

but nothing happens.

is my key broke? (new battery fitted to key) or something else?

do i need to do more to prove if its key? i have just bought another one from ebay as my one has the plastic broke and the PCB i slightly exposed. so im hoping to get it working as its very annoying locking the car!

thanks for any help
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 07:34:47 pm »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your car, too Smiley

I would suggest you start by fitting a new battery to the key. The plastic breaking is common with these keys (both on Espace and other Renaults of same year) and since you can't buy new plastic parts for these keys, the best way to fix it is to buy a used one from eBay and move the electronic components etc over from the old key. Which is what I'm going to do as soon as I receive my new used key Wink

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
e.space.3

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:20:05 am »

Hello
If changing the battery doesn't work for you then, try this:

ESPACE III (JE) IR RESYNCHRONISING ( KRS )

SYNCHRONISING REQUIRED TO UNLOCK IMMOBILISER AND START VEHICLE: NO
FIXED OR ROLLING KODE: ROLLING

1. Turn Ignition ON then OFF.
2. Press the CDLB for more than 5 seconds. The doors should lock then unlock and/or the IMMOLED illuminates .
3. When this happens, 15 seconds is allowed.
4. Press the 1st PLIP once (doors lock/unlock)
5. Press the 2nd PLIP once (doors lock/unlock)
END

or this

ESPACE III (JE), AVANTIME RF RESYNCHRONISING ( KRS )

SYNCHRONISING REQUIRED TO UNLOCK IMMOBILISER AND START VEHICLE: NO
FIXED OR ROLLING KODE: ROLLING

1. All doors closed, ignition ON then OFF
2. Press the CDLB (in roof console) until doors lock/unlock, Within 15 seconds, complete next steps
3. Press the 1st PLIP once (doors lock/unlock)
4. Press the 2nd PLIP once (doors lock/unlock)

! NOTE:
- If the BII central electronics is configured for 2 keys (PLIPS) this will not work unless you have both
PLIPS and resynchronise them both in one procedure.
- The RF receiver is located in the instrument panel and if you are to program your keys on a second hand
instrument panel this will not work. Either you need the RF sender (PLIP) from the other car or you will have to
live without RF keys (PLIPS) as the instrument panel PLIP recognition cannot be re-programmed once they have
been programmed first time.
END

TERMS USED IN THIS NOTE

PLIP         = The remote keypad with button (remote control)
RF            = Radio Frequency system
IR            = Infra Red system - IR sender in front of PLIP, visually a small clear eye (diode)
Tip: check operation by looking at the sender through a mobile phone camera while pressing PLIP
KRS          = Key Recognition System (Transponder Chip inside PLIP)
CDLB        = The central door locking button found inside the car (NOT the key).
Tip: When pressing this button for programming purposes it does not matter witch side you press
IMMOLED = The red tell tale light that do flash slow when the immobilizer is active.
This is either located in the instrument-panel, on the steering wheel column, in the roof console
or on the central door locking button (CDLB).
On some early models the Injection Warning Light is used as tell tale light on error/programming events.

I've heard, when somebody (with proper equipment) downgrade the odometer (for sale purposes), the central locking will not  working.
In some countries this is considered criminal and is punishable by law. In my opinion, it should be everywhere.

Also I know, there must be 2 keys.

When I wanted to buy my Esapace, I met a guy, who wanted to sell an Espace with just one key, and central locking same as yours.
After investigation, proved to be stolen from Belgium.

Hope you are not in the same situation.  Smiley

Also, I heard the second key, remains to the first owner. And after few months, this guy came in night, and take the car, with no problems.
I suggest, from the heart to mount a car alarm system, if you bought from unsafe sources. Unfortunately, such individuals exist.
I'm not paranoiac, and trying to scare you, but I have a friend that have happened so.

In another topic you said you pay about 500 pounds, another reason to have doubts.

In any event, if it's just my paranoia, you know you've done a great deal.   Grin

1999 JE0N F4R A 700 RXE
yellowt5r

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 03:08:25 am »

great thanks

i did follow the way to re program the key but the light on the key flashes then goes out dont always work either. so couldn do it with this key. just have to wait for the ebay one to turn up.

batteries have been changed in the one i have already. 
e.space.3

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:44:30 am »

Did you pass successfully  this step Huh
2. Press the CDLB (in roof console) until doors lock/unlock, Within 15 seconds, complete next steps

Translated, would sound something like this:
Hold the door locking button for 5 seconds. (The one with red padlock in the roof console). After 5 seconds, the doors will lock, then will unlock instantly. From now on, you have 15 seconds to follow steps 3 and 4.

You did not mention anything in the first post about this step.
Did you miss it this time?

1999 JE0N F4R A 700 RXE
yellowt5r

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 07:03:16 pm »

right i have followed the steps and it dont lock whien i push the fob button or unlock.

my old fob flashes for 2 sec and goes out, i have changed the batteries too. does this mean its broke?

i changed the rf chip in the old key to the new one but still no luck, but the PCB is slightly different for some reason even thought the look the same from the outside could this be the reason why?.

can someone tell me if my PCB is broken and i only have one key how can i get it all back and running?

the must be a way to do it.

please somebody help as its getting very annoying
renaultbiler

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 08:59:42 pm »

If the car is configured with 2 keys you will need both keys present to synchronise, the BII can be configured for only one key (using genuine diag tool) and then you will be able to sync it with only one key.

As it is now you start a sync procedure and after first key is registered it is waiting for the second key before it times out.

Ps: i wrote those procedures refered to here Tongue

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
yellowt5r

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »

got my locking working after following the locking thread it was my batteries nearly dead even though i bought them brand new!

i have 2 keys now one is what i bought off ebay same key but slightly smaller can i add this to my locking so i have 2 working keys with the central locking the original one with the car works fine.
e.space.3

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 09:51:14 am »

Nice

You do not have to open another topic.
In any case, you're lucky with your resync, congratulations.

Moderators, please unify threads.

1999 JE0N F4R A 700 RXE
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 06:45:27 pm »

Moderators, please unify threads.

Done!

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v