| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dreaming of camping in style  (Read 4215 times)
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« on: January 13, 2011, 08:31:55 am »

When I go camping I want to go camping in style
I will cruise through Europe, camp wherever I want. Ride up and down the beaches in my Murena, pick up a girl, or two (seeing as there is room for two) Grin Grin Grin
I will take them back to my "Palace on Wheels" Wink and.....

Are you also suffering from the winter blues? miss driving your Murena? Enough of this d#¤% snow. I want spring and I want it now. I'm tired of only dreaming about driving my Murena. Sad

I think a Murena will look far better parked in this palace, than the Merc in the photo. Don't you Smiley

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:51:50 am »

This is the time of the year you get a depression because of the weather.
I don't mind if it starts raining warm water.
The car is in his winter garage 15 km away so no quick jobs can be performed  Sad

I drove more then 10 years a GMC camper during my holidays in Europe.
I had several times  trouble finding a camping that had room for it, and driving to the spot was some times not easy.
This are USA things, where there is plenty of room for this kind of campers.
For the cost of it you can book a lot of trips in 5 star hotels in mondain places.
Doesn't mean it is a beauty.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:38:09 pm »

Looked outside, the roads were completely dry, no snow or ice in sight. The keys were there on the counter. Resistance was futile, I was being assimilated by the Matra Murena spirit. Roll Eyes

Checked around the car, everything looked good. Got in, pulled up the choke. Cranked the engine, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .. about 6 seconds and it fired up  Grin

Let it idle for a while to get warm and drove up to town. Did a bit of shopping and drove it back home.

It drove totally like when I parked it,,, Great. Cheesy

The engine got warmed through, the rust worn off the disks. I just cannot wait for spring to arrive.

But it did cure my winter blues for a while.  Cheesy

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: