| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HI  (Read 3669 times)
mawds

HI
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:27:18 am »

JUst to say HI, and I will probably be contributing to this site Wink

Bought an 01 plate V6 Grand Espace and seems like they might need a toolbox in the boot at all times!! LOL just had a BMw 520 for a year and the quality was much better, prior to that I had a Laguna - cracking car with a volvo engine, never let me down until someone smashed into it and that was that! 520 cannot cope with the 3 kids, dog, pram etc!! so here I am.

Offside passenger door - window not work, door not lock, speaker not work - 6 of the 8 wires broken in the pillar to door section. Pulled the harness out and re-joined it all - now 1 fully working door!

Took the top cover off the engine to put the rubber seal in properly around the filler cap and noticed a 2.2uF capacitor that should have a tab on it - either come off with age or was broken. Had to make one up at work today and all seems OK. Was getting a few weird faults intermittently, hope this may cure it as the wire had noise on it without the cap that may have been spiking the electronics.

headlight washers to fix next!! other than that it shifts really well with all seats populated. cu for now!!
dragonzuiko

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:27 pm »

yes they are great vars when they are working, the dodgy electrics will keep you busy Smiley mine does Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: