| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AVANTIME OWNER - Lucky Me !  (Read 15068 times)
SteveW

I'm a not a llama, but could be EMU !

« on: March 09, 2004, 12:08:56 am »

I purchased my MARS RED Avantime Previlidge 3.0 Auto last June 03, after owning 2 ESPACE series 3's.
The design of the AVANTIME appealed to me as well as the unique construction of MATRA, shame it went.
Renault UK decided because of the scarcity of the Right Hand Drive AVANTIME to number the series with a PLAQUE to put inh the vahicle, a certificate and PROTOTYPE book.
I have number 185 UK, i have attatched a page from Renault UK web about future classic status.
Did the avantime arrive in Denmark & any trips to the old MATRA factory;D

If you are not living on the edge - you are just taking up space !!
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 12:50:43 pm »

No it didn't - unless you sent it to me ?
 The postman was just by with something, but I was in the shower, so it COULD have been it ? :-)

couldn't it ? - please ?

Seriously, - it *was* announced that they would take a few to Denmark, but consider the danish RIDICULOUS tax on cars, it would have cost well over 80000£  (yes, thats in UK pounds)

Its a progressive system, so for the first 3k£ import price, there is no extra tax , then its "only" 105% until 8000£ (import), and 180% of the rest.

For cars this expensive, the top-tax of 180% hits hard, so the effective tax is approx 150-160% ... ON TOP of the import price, PLUS of course our EU-record-high VAT of 25%

DO NOT ASK ME WHAT I AM DOING IN THIS COUNTRY! :-(

Having been in the EU for so long, one should think that the taxing schemes would get evened out, but until now, absolutely nothing has happened, except the manufacturers have been disallowed the special discount to danish dealers, in order to avoid just a little of that tax. This means that cars suddenly became even more expensive, and sales dropped to the floor. THEN they lowered the tax with some minimal amount, which apparently has upped sales again, - mainly because there is no sign of anything else happening...

If I could afford it, I would most certainly buy an Avantime, and have it stored somewhere safe for the next 10 years, by which time its either so old that I can get it registered for less tax, OR the system has changed.

But its a serious kind of passive investment - not even being able to DRIVE the thing for 10 years ...

However, If I moved back to the UK again, I would own an Avantime within days of arrival.

So with the most positive thoughts behind it: I ENVY YOU!
and hope you have loads of joy with your Avantime, Steve.

ps: your attachment apparently didn't make it, - if its simply too large, send it to me at matrasport.dk, and I'll put it up here or on the Avantime page.

Best regards

Lennart Sorth
MatraSport.dk
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:14:43 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
SteveW

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 01:38:26 pm »

Hi Lennart,
Sorry to hear about the TAXATION in Denmarrk, but I think the Women more than make up for this.
I have emailed the info to you.
One issue with the AVANTIME, is that everybody looks, even when you are in PARIS & Especially in London.
Some people think it is a MEGANE, normally NISSAN PRIMERA drivers ( no hope)

No it didn't - unless you sent it to me ?
 The postman was just by with something, but I was in the shower, so it COULD have been it ? :-)

couldn't it ? - please ?

Seriously, - it *was* announced that they would take a few to Denmark, but consider the danish RIDICOLOUS tax on cars, it would have cost well over 80000£  (yes, thats in UK pounds)

Its a progressive system, so for the first 3k£ import price, there is no extra tax , then its "only" 105% until 8000£ (import), and 180% of the rest.

For cars this expensive, the top-tax of 180% hits hard, so the effective tax is approx 150-160% ... ON TOP of the import price, PLUS of course our EU-record-high VAT of 25%

DO NOT ASK ME WHAT I AM DOING IN THIS COUNTRY! :-(

Having been in the EU for so long, one should think that the taxing schemes would get evened out, but until now, absolutely nothing has happened, except the manufactorers have been disallowed the special discount to danish dealers, in order to avoid just a little of that tax. This means that cars suddenly became even more expensive, and sales dropped to the floor. THEN they lowered the tax with some minimal amount, which apparently has upped sales again, - mainly because there is no sign of anything else happening...

If I could aford it, I woul most certainly buy an Avantime, and have it stored somewhere safe for the next 10 years, by which time its either so old that I can get it registered for less tax, OR the system has changed.

But its a serious kind of passive investment - not even being able to DRIVE the thing for 10 years ...

However, If I moved back to the UK again, I would own an Avantime within days of arrival.

So with the most positive thoughts behind it: I ENVY YOU!
and hope you have loads of joy with your Avantime, Steve.

ps: your attachment apparently didn't make it, - if its simply too large, send it to me at matrasport.dk, and I'll put it up here or on the Avantime page.

Best regards

Lennart Sorth
MatraSport.dk

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 10:19:45 am »

but I think the Women more than make up for this.
really?! - well we do have some nice "imports". But there you have it, the grass always seems greener on the other side :-)

I have emailed the info to you.
Yes, got it - just haven't had the time to extract the image from the PDF to stick it on the site. will do though.

Some people think it is a MEGANE
Welcome to the club!  - people often think a Bagheera or Murena must be a kitcar. And when told its a Matra, they reply "a Metro?!"  :-)

Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
SteveW

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 06:35:12 pm »

Hi All, have you seen the new AVANTIME CLUB from Germany, it has an interesting link to a french site showing a 5 door AVANTIME presumably built on a GRAND ESPACE floorpan, anybody any idea where these prototypes are.
site is..www.avantime-club.de.
steve woods :

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 10:24:26 pm »

a 5 door AVANTIME

Yes I have - as the UK Matra club brought pictures of this in the May 2003 issue of the club-magazine.

It was a sliding rear door, which made access to the rear seats much easier.  A very interesting concept, which only makes it even more sad that it all had to end.

Matra also played with the idea of a folding roof, - as on the Merc. SLK and many others following that. - not particularly useful, unless you live at Côte d'Azur, - but a fun thought nevertheless.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:16:19 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

spacecoupé

Matra Avantime - Le Coupéspace!

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 01:22:28 am »

Hi Steve - another Avantimer!

Looks like you're very happy with your spacecar.
I already have the second one, unfortunately. I lost the first one (a Diesel Privilége) in horrible accident last August. Nobody was injured - but the cost for reapairing would have amounted to 34K €!

Now I'm driving a 3l Privilége shifter, color Noir Nocturne. Unfortunately it's not a 2003 model, but a 2/2002 which only had 5K kilometers on the clock. I could't get a new one again. They had already stopped the production.
I'm not that happy, cause the finishing is a bit worse than with my former 2003 model. But nevertheless. This car is outrageous!

Where are you located? I'm from Germany.

Coupéspace Greetings

Holger

areed

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 09:21:40 pm »

Hi,

SteveW said:

Renault UK decided because of the scarcity of the Right Hand Drive AVANTIME to number the series with a PLAQUE to put inh the vahicle, a certificate and PROTOTYPE book.
I have number 185 UK, i have attatched a page from Renault UK web about future classic status.

Steve - I can't see the attachment - I have just purchased one of the last Avantimes in the UK (second hand of course - a Jun 03 registered 3.0 Privilege in Sand) - and it would be great fun to get the plaque etc.

Thanks,

&y
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: