| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Color codes  (Read 20430 times)
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 11:59:00 am »

I've been checking my gallery of Murena pics, and now I see that there actually IS a difference in what I orginally thought was only one "gold" color.  Shocked

Some like on your booklet is a dark rich almost brownish which like you say is Cannelle. Mine is more of a pale almost pinkish, but can look very "gold"like in the right light too.

If you would manage to scan the booklet Roy, I and I'm sure several others here would be very happy to see the "real" colors as they once were from Matra them self.

I find it remarkable that they chose colors that close on such a small batch of car.

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 12:24:32 pm »

I've been checking my gallery of Murena pics, and now I see that there actually IS a difference in what I orginally thought was only one "gold" color.  Shocked

Some like on your booklet is a dark rich almost brownish which like you say is Cannelle. Mine is more of a pale almost pinkish, but can look very "gold"like in the right light too.

If you would manage to scan the booklet Roy, I and I'm sure several others here would be very happy to see the "real" colors as they once were from Matra them self.

Well I have scanned the colours but as I suspected they are not brilliant - the Corail looks more like a red than the true colour, but that is also the problem with colour charts which only show a small patch on a card.  However, you can see the relative difference in Platine (gold) and Cannelle (bronze).

I find it remarkable that they chose colors that close on such a small batch of car.

Well although the car was only really available over three years (1981, 2 & 3) each year had slightly different colour options as you can read on my website.  It's one way easy way marketing have of freshening the product.

Roy

RazorbackNOR

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 09:49:58 am »

Well, the attached picture was not of my car, but one that best showed the color like my car. These are pictures of my car...

Then your car is definitely Corail - I can tell from the collection of photos.

On the french site linked earlier, the only color that would be close is the cannelle...

The colour of the car in the first item of this thread is nothing like Cannelle.  Cannelle is a dark brown bronze, and was only used on the Murena in 1983.  It is also used on the Rancho.  The Rancho never used Corail to my knowledge.  If you want to see a Murena in Cannelle, download my brake booklet from my website.  The car on the cover is a 1983 Cannelle.

You must be careful about cars and photos on other websites.  For example, there are some cars registered on the Murena-Espace website where the owner has stated it is Cannelle when you can see it is Corail and since the car is a 1981 that would be correct.  The Platine (Gold), Corail (light rosy metallic) and Cannelle (dark bronze) are quite different, and as I stated the original picture here shows a car in Corail if it is the original Murena colour, or possibly Terre de Feu from the Bagheera, OR it is not a Matra colour at all.  It does look too 'full bodied' if you can understand me, which is why I am a bit dubious about it.  I thought it might just be the photo, but since the ones of your car look O.K., maybe not.

I have an original 1982 Talbot-Matra colour chart which shows the Platine and Corail.  Whether it will scan and display correctly, I'm not sure but I might try it.

Roy

Hmm, Sorry to say this Roy, but the color of my car was Platine. Had the mixingguy check the color against the sample, and the Platine was a perfect match. But you were right about it not being Canelle, I see that it is a much darker color, always thought that it was the lighting that made it some shades darker and that it was one and the same color.

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 09:57:11 am »

Finally got around to posting a picture of the hinges that I painted. Color was a good match.  Grin

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 02:04:53 pm »

Looks like exact color.
That's very nice, because of years outside this will not always be the case.
Perfect, now the rest of the car Cool

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: