| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: help again please zigzag warning light  (Read 4511 times)
kertrats24

« on: August 04, 2011, 09:25:12 pm »

The wife phoned me at work the other day to inform me the cars broke she had stopped at my inlaws house and when she got in the car it wouldnt start and we got a square box with a zigzag line through it.i popped down later still the same just wouldnt fire and box with the zigzag in it .so i checked all the electrical connectors inclueding tdc underneth all looked ok but i uncliped and reconnected just to make sure tryed to start it again and yay off she when first time that was about a week ago and all was well until today driving through town and the warning light came on again the car still drove fine and the light went off about 5 seconds later popped home but still cant see a problem i have a espace race 2.2dci 02 any idias what to check welcome.
Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 04:32:28 pm »

If you had said that the engine performance / power was down when the warning light came on whilst you were driving in town I would have suggested that the EGR valve was sticking but as you say it still drove fine then the first thing I would do, from my experiences, is replace the TDC sensor.

Martin

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: