| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Original Radio  (Read 8847 times)
klumzer

« on: July 26, 2011, 05:51:39 pm »

What was the type of the original radio in Murena? And where were the original speakers fitted?
Any photo would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:00:01 pm »

I don't know what model radio was originally installed or available. But you can see the position of the original speakers in my post here:

http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,1421.0.html

Behind the carpeting there should be a fiber board with a hole and clips into which to screw the speakers. But if yours never har them originally, the hole in the board might not be there. If you remove the board you will see the indentation in the chassis. It should definitely be there. Use it to center the hole that you might have to cut. But check the link to my post, as there is not enough room for a decent magnet on the speaker.

Many have installed extra speakers in the doors, as has been done in mine. But those were, to my knowledge, not available originlly. There is no wireing harness in the doors for them.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:10:20 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
klumzer

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:58:18 pm »

Thanks.
So they are originals. I saw them in my car but did not know that. And I also have a pair in the door carpets. But the radio was removed by one of the former owners.

But it would be good to see how an original radio looks...
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:57:43 pm »

A Blaupunt casset-radio will be a good guess!
Hans
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:12:06 pm »

What was the type of the original radio in Murena? And where were the original speakers fitted?
Any photo would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The car was not originally fitted with a radio at all.  It had a blank cover over the hole and the cover was maked with a Blue Spot (Blaupunkt style)

The car had all the wiring, aerial, speakers and suppression required and all you needed to do was to fit the radio of your choice.  It had a 'standard' plug on the loom ready to plug straight into your radio.  Although I say standard plug, some sets were still using their own proprietry plugs, so it didn't necessarily fit all sets, but it did fit most German models like Blaupunkt.

The speakers were fitted in the front kick panels, the one on the drivers side behind the foot rest and the passenger side one behind the adjustable foot rest (if fitted).  They were Italian speakers and actually were quite good.  I know someone who bought some supposedly better Pioneer ones at great cost and they were actually worse.

Later cars (83 models) had the speakers moved to the door panels but in my opinion these are worse since the sound is directed straight into the sides of the seat bases!  The originals in the kick panels are fine and better if you add a pair of tweeters directed at the screen.  The higher frequencies from the large kick panel speakers get absorbed by the carpet etc. but a pair of small tweeters sited properly bounce the high frequencies off the screen back towards the occupants complementing the bass from below and making listening to speach particularly clearer.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:35:38 pm by roy4matra » Logged

klumzer

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 10:00:53 pm »

Thanks. Nothing left unanswered... Smiley
klumzer

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 10:50:04 pm »

If anyone is interested in an authentical Blaupunkt radio from the 80s, here can select the modell what to look for:

http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/blaupunkt.html

You can find cheap radios on the German e-bay. Mine was 6 Euro... And it is in very good condition.
uberprutser

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:40:24 pm »

Nice link. I found my radio on it.
Looks like I got the Mannheim CC21 from 1991.
A bit too new but at least it looks period without a digital display.

http://blaupunkt.pytalhost.com/blaupunkt91/blaupunkt91-09.jpg
klumzer

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 12:04:45 pm »

Yes, it looks good.

I have bought a Hamburg SQM 23. I did not find it in the brochures, only the SQM24 (1984), probably it is older and looks the same.

http://blaupunkt.pytalhost.com/blaupunkt84-1/Blaupunkt_Autohifi84_16.jpg
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: