| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ABS Light came on intermittently and slight judder on braking  (Read 3862 times)
jag

« on: April 26, 2011, 02:22:21 pm »

Hi to all - I was on the way to Sunny Mid Wales last week to go camping. When I noticed that my ABS light came on and remained on. I also notced prior to this light coming on I had noticed a slight judder on the brakes upon some normal braking. It was as if the ABS was trying to come on when in didn't need to. Almost  as if th ABS sensor had noticed some sort of difference between the two wheels ?  Well the light went off and the brakes seem ok. But has anyone else had this problem occur ? If so is this fault common on espaces ?  Come the weekend ,I will try to have a look at the ABS sensors on the shafts and see if they are dirty or unless my gaiter has come loose again and sprayed some cv grease about.

Regards Jags

1999  Grand Espace 2.2 dTi RTX
2003  Peugeot 206 1.4 Hdi LX
jack daniels

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:19:34 am »

i've never had any problems or ABS warning lights on mine, though 3 of my wheel bearings and ABS rings are fairly new and reasonably corosion free.
I would guess you are corect about the magnetic sensors. A wire brush on the ABS rings and the small pin on the sensor may help.

Steel particles or swarf  around the sensor can disturb the signal.

... maybe the road was just slippery

Espace, Grand (magnifique, formidable, grandiose, considérable, noble, ample) III  
2002   JE02   F4R  DP0   2.0L 16v auto
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: