| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Baccara trimmed Espace 1  (Read 8021 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: February 26, 2011, 09:51:35 am »

I have just bought another Espace Quadra Series I.  This one is a bit special and I expect quite rare.  It was built in 1990 with full leather interior and air conditioning at the factory, and even has a proper small chrome 'Espace' badge on the dash board.  None of this appears anywhere in the official Renault parts or workshop manuals so I assume this is one of a limited batch near the end of Series I production, but it is still odd that none of the parts appear in the parts list - how would you get replacements if required?  Since this is above the normal '2000-1' top of the range model, it appears to have been given a name 'Baccara'.  There is a Baccara badge on the rear wing where the 2000-1 badge would normally have been.

Does anyone have any knowledge, leaflet, brochures or any information about these vehicles?  I would be interested to hear anything about them, thanks.

I will be detailing the car in the club magazine in the near future, with photos, and trying to preserve it for its rarity.

Roy
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:37:11 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:31:27 pm »

Hi Roy, congratulations on your purchase!

There is a description of what sounds like this particular model in the french book Renault Espace, la Voiture à Vivre by Serge Bellu and Dominique Fontenat. I think I bought mine on eBay years ago, but I'm pretty sure I saw it at the museum for sale when I was there in Romoratin three years ago. The description is on page 63:

I hope Lennart can be persuaded to shoot a series of photos of yours!

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:05 pm »

Hi Roy, congratulations on your purchase!

There is a description of what sounds like this particular model in the french book Renault Espace, la Voiture à Vivre by Serge Bellu and Dominique Fontenat...

I hope Lennart can be persuaded to shoot a series of photos of yours!

/Anders

Thanks Anders, well spotted.  I have that book too!  I picked a copy up at a book fare in Paris many many years ago and have obviously never read through it properly.  As you point out it is described on page 63 along with another special offered in April 1990 with air rear suspension; and the last off the line in January 1991 now in the museum.

I will be taking it to the next UK club meeting in April.  Maybe Lennart could come along - haven't see him in a long while...

Roy

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:12:14 pm »

Maybe Lennart could come along - haven't see him in a long while...

Sounds like a plan - when in April is it ?

Lovely car Roy - I think there was one at the Mortefontaine show in 1997 - with tinted windows ?
I will have to look through my old photos ...

/Lennart 
 (who just this Sunday became "bonus-granddad", as my girlfriends daughter gave birth to her beautiful daughter Joni :-) )

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:43:59 pm »

Maybe Lennart could come along - haven't see him in a long while...

Sounds like a plan - when in April is it ?

Saturday 2nd

Lennart
 (who just this Sunday became "bonus-granddad", as my girlfriends daughter gave birth to her beautiful daughter Joni :-) )

Congratulations.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: