| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena stolen in Oslo, Norway  (Read 15393 times)
madeinfrance

« on: January 06, 2011, 01:28:20 pm »

My 1983 Murena 2.2 was stolen from my garage in Oslo early in December 2010. I was hoping for a quick discovery of the car, but still got no traces of it. The car is now given up by both police and insurrance company. It is likely to assume it is taken to somewhere else in Europe.

The car was in very good condition. The picture below is one of the last taken. Special features are red stripe along the side, yellow aux-lights in the front bumper (yellow film) and brand new Nokian Hakkapeliitta R winter tyres on the original alloys. Gray striped interior.  The norwegian registration plates is VE 43800.  (Edit: The VIN is VF853C432DX703714)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:31:28 pm by madeinfrance » Logged

Murena 2.2 1983' Stolen
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 05:31:54 pm »

Sorry to hear that.
It must be difficult to sell a stolen Murena with the very limited numbers available. Maybe somone will break it up for parts.

Hans
davidewanprice
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:12:47 pm »

Sorry to hear, I hope its found quickly and in one piece. Was the car protected, I.e. tracker, alarm, steering wheel?
Titus

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:13:33 pm »

Very bad news. I hope it is found and not badly damaged. There is still hope as it will be difficult to sell on such a rare and distinctive car. Let's all look out for new ebayers selling parts without a track record.

All the best.

1.6 Murena
madeinfrance

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:26:24 pm »

Thanks guys.

The car have now been missing for more than a month. This makes me think this was no average thief in need for basic transportation.

Unfortunately it did not have tracking (or alarm) installed.  I did have a combined steeringwheel and brake pedal lock though, but this guy(s) had all the tools needed. There was no broken glass or other carparts left in the garage.

My insurance company now owns the car, but I have option to buy it back if it is found.

Murena 2.2 1983' Stolen
northmurena

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:34:20 pm »

Hi "madeinfrance". (unfortenately there wasn´t shown your name)
It could make sense that you broadcast this also in the german (matraforum.de) and belgian (matramania.be) forum. Sometimes the world is really small. It was in the late 80´s when a red Murena was stolen at "Kieffer" in the south of Germany. Some weeks later i was parking  my Murena in Hamburg (north of Germany) and a young man came to me and said that he also owes such a nice car. So we drove to him, because he wanted to show me his car. There were some special parts on this car i remembered the stolen car had it. So i asked him questions and after half an hour he confessed that he had stolen the car and putted the numbers of an accident-car on it. Back at home i called Manfred Kiefer to let him know that his car is alive and where he can find it.

Good luck to get your french girl back

Kai
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:57:22 pm »

My 1983 Murena 2.2 was stolen from my garage in Oslo early in December 2010...

I am really sorry to hear that.  Since registration numbers can be easily changed and different countries use different systems, you should always state the VIN which is much harder to disguise.

Also you should have immediately notified us and the major classic magazines - they will always help by putting out messages and put these things on their websites to alert others.  Although a month has now gone by it might still be worth contacting them.

Put the VIN here so we all know what to look out for.  Thanks.

Roy

madeinfrance

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 11:21:00 pm »

Put the VIN here so we all know what to look out for.  Thanks.

Roy

I really did not believe anyone would care to steal such a special car to bring it out of the country.. ( And still not that expensive compared to other cars. Why not steal a 100000 Euro car instead?)

The VIN is VF853C432DX703714

Murena 2.2 1983' Stolen
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 08:33:22 am »

Man, that sucks. Angry
I hope you get it back in one piece. When you do, you should get a GPS tracker and install it.

I bought a GPS tracker from the Danish store HaraldNyborg.dk. It comes with a prepaid phone, simcard with 100 minutes (may only be good in DK). You can send a sms (text msg) to it and activate it so it will send you a sms if the car is moved more than 10 meters. You can then request its GPS position via further sms messages. No indication of this is apparent in the car, so the thief is not warned. Once it stops moving you can direct the police to go get the thief. It costs under 800 DKK. (~£80)

Matranaut par excellence Cool
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 09:39:39 am »

OMG! Check all annonce servers, also for spare parts, I know these ones:

www.leboncoin.fr
www.anciennes.net
www.allegro.pl

and all ebays, mobile.de and autoscout.de - which You probably know...

If this happened to me, I will print on page with picture and put it to all petrol stations in surround, maybe that somebody have seen car transporter with this car or car itselfs...

I'm very often checking servers above, so I will take a look.

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 11:00:55 am »

Sorry to hear this.
I already searched around since I hear this.
I will put up a topic in the Dutch and Belgium forum, but we should have know this the moment it disappeared.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 05:45:38 pm »

@ Jon

a gsm tracker is easy to bypass with a anti tracker.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/anti-gps-spy-gadget-anti-tracker-/110633240841?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item19c2414909

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
renaultbiler

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 10:20:21 pm »

I would not be surpriced if this car is stolen for parts and still is located in Norway, probably hidden in a garage for dismantling of required parts, alot of hillbillies you know. Doubt any export issue on such car, but ofcourse you never know.

Dont be surpriced if you spot some parts you might suspect -in another car some time in the future.
Its sad that things like this can never be left alone!

Ive posted this on our norwegian Renault forum, hope you dont mind. http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4868

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:40:59 pm by renaultbiler » Logged

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 11:36:16 am »

Skal holde øynene åpne på denne siden av Oslo jeg madeinfrance.

Vi er jo ikke mange med disse i området, veit om en i Nes kommune og en med et par i Asker samt meg i Drammen.

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 02:14:45 pm »

Any news on your car madeinfrance...?

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Pages: [1] Print