| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Somebody save this cheap Bagheera in Leicester, England!  (Read 17829 times)
Fred

« on: March 14, 2011, 04:41:57 pm »

Buy it before he scraps it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280643286176&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

"Matra Simca Bagheera Right Hand Drive in primer yellow. It is suprisingly good but its as I bought it 5 or more years ago and I am never going to get around to starting it let alone finishing it.

Its had most of its welding done, No droopy doors as the A posts are quite good but where needed have been repaired, bonnet and door skins are suprisingly rust free. Sills are solid and after taking the car cover off I had forgotten quite how much has been done. It still needs a bit of welding and if I were going to do the work I would take the roof off. Its certainly not a basket case. The engine I think may have been refurbed as its suprisingly clean, but sold as listed

Its located in Leicester if you wish to view it, Collection preffered by winning bidder but if you are worried about how to collect the car before bidding I may be willing to deliver the car on my trailer but ask me before bidding though, 07971 606293

All panels are with the car (even the N/S rear wing not shown), the rear bumper is behind my garage.

V5 in my name, listed for £125 somewhat pains me but if it doesnt go on this auction despite being too good to scrap, unfortunately I will be weighing it in for its equivalent cash value, I will sort out the rear bumper for the car as well.
"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:44:25 pm by Fred » Logged

1978 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1979 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1994 Saab 9000 Aero
Fred

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:42:02 pm »

Anyone here place a bid?  Smiley

The bids appeared after I posted this thread but probably a pure coincidence.

1978 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1979 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1994 Saab 9000 Aero
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:32:51 pm »

Wanted it SO badly - but had no idea how to get back home to Denmark (Cheaply)...

Got to many Saab c900 - so got to keep cost down  Cry
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:40:20 pm »

Lanng please note that this is a rigth hand converion. Not the obvious choice of a Bagheera for Denmark or central Europe.
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:11:03 am »

Ohhh... My dear Matra_Hans - you could´nt be more wrong Wink

Right hand drive = 20% of the tax on the car. I am already driving around in a Right hand drive Saab 900 Aero from 1991 - I paid 8500dkr in tax and 3000dkr was a "fine" because a fuel consumption below the 15km/L.

People always ask me if overtaking is a problem - I just repley "Got a turbo" and with a somewhat slower Bagherra you dont need to overtake because you are ALWAYS crusing in a cool car Grin

/// Lanng

PS. the first line was not ment to be offensive in anyway - I am just in my "Want-to-be-a-super-villan" stage of my life and thereforthe Doctor Evil wanna-be opening line. If anyone see an island with an active vulcano, airstrip and underground lair with acces from the sea for sale on the internet - then please send me a PM; Evil James Bond´ish lairs are so hard to come by these days.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 08:36:13 am »

-----
If anyone see an island with an active vulcano, airstrip and underground lair with acces from the sea for sale on the internet - then please send me a PM; Evil James Bond´ish lairs are so hard to come by these days.
There is a possible island for you in the vestern part of the Pacific ocean. It has a white flag with a red ball on it. It has active volcanos and in best James Bond requirement it is "shaken but not stirred". They may be open for an offer. Wink

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 09:10:22 pm »

...Well.... I must agree with Hans on this one. Especially when it comes to an old Bagheera, where the taxes are close to nothing! Let the Britains keep the few RHD-Bagheeras, and go for a nice LHD, Danish Bagheera..  Wink

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:10:53 pm »

But I cant find a Bagheera mrk 2 for sale in Denmark  Angry

But I found a few in Italy - but poor little med dont got the $$$ for them. 50dkr + shipment + tax  Shocked

And the owners of the two lots where I currently are keeping my Saab parts are already NOT to happy about the sturr und cars I´ve parked there - But you cant have to many spare parts for classic cars (Got 4 spare gearbox already).  Roll Eyes
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 07:16:08 pm »

How much should I expect to pay for a "Baggy mrk 2" in Denmark, Germany or Sweden in fair condition?

I did find one in Scotland but its sold - they owner wanted 1500£ for what looked like a fair condition "Baggy mark 2"; but it was only pic I saw...

Best regards
Lanng
davidewanprice
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 07:26:33 pm »

Do we know the fate of this poor car?
northmurena

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 12:30:16 pm »

Hi Lanng,

in the german forum are two Bag´s for sale

http://www.matraforum.de/thread.php?threadid=4139&boardid=68&styleid=1&sid=5c99c6d7a72c1cd269372cb0e69c55f1

It is an older post but i think they are still available. They are not ready to drive but like i heard close to ready. They are located close to the border Denmark/Germany

~ Kai
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 09:50:53 pm »

Sorry... The "Matra" in Scotland was a Saab c900 LPT aero - Apperently I have a tendensy to mix things up...

Must check up on the german add; then transport and somewhere to store it... and the bank  Cry . Any idea´s? I live in Aarhus, Denmark.

Best regards
Lanng
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 11:37:13 pm »

I know two very nice Bag 2 that might be up for sale in Denmark. Last time they talked about it, I think they could go for around 75.000,-dkr. each, and they are both in very nice conditions, same owners for the last 30 years. I also think I know a fair/nice Bag 2 that might go for around 50.000,-. I also know a few Bag 2 in need of attention, but my guess is that they will end up at the same price, before they are in a reasonable condition.

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
northmurena

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 11:34:37 am »

@ Lanng:

storing shouldn´t be a problem. We live in Bønnerup ( 40 minutes to Aarhus ?) and have much space in our former stable. Dry, with light, electrical and - if needed - with an hydraulic-lift at the neighbour. Olaf - the owner of the two german Bags - has started with restoration and did a lot on the Bags - or better on the one Bag, the second is only for parts. It is one of the rare late 80´s. If he wouldn´have bought my Murena in the end of last year, i think the Bag could be ready. I can´t remember the price he was asking for, but i think it was not much. So perhaps you don´t need the bank. ;-) And transportation is a one-day-job.

~Kai
northmurena

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27:28 pm »

@ Lanng again:

I just spoke with Olaf about his Bags. The price he´s asking for is 499 Euro (appr. 3700 DKK). There is some work left to be done but you will get two cars and some additional parts. He just needs the space. You can call him at 0049-4632 7451. Best time to catch him is between 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm. Could be worth to make the trip and just look what you will get there. It´s appr. 2 hours from Aarhus.

~ Kai
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: