| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2.2 Dci Exhaust replacement  (Read 4338 times)
sjguk

« on: April 14, 2011, 11:11:03 am »

Hello,

How hard is it to replace the very front section of the exhaust, incl cat, on my grand espace. I tried to get  a local exhaust fitters to do it but they said no because if the studs snap then the engine has to come out Shocked. I got a price from a local dealer of £960.08 Cry
I have a price of £190 + vat from local parts supplier but I am wary of doing it myself. Has anybody done this  and can offer advice before I decide what to do.
Thanks.
Stuart

2002 Grand Espace 2.2 DCi 'The Race'
1999 Grand Espace 2.2 RTX DT
jack daniels

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:04:02 pm »

when  original the cat on my 2002 petrol espace was removed the old nuts came off ok and the studs were reused without removing them. The studs were M6 if I recall correctly. New nuts were used.

If the studs you're talking about are M6 , they may be the same

Espace, Grand (magnifique, formidable, grandiose, considérable, noble, ample) III  
2002   JE02   F4R  DP0   2.0L 16v auto
sjguk

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 12:31:44 am »

Thanks for the reply, I took the car into an exhaust fitter and had some good luck, he had refused to give me a quote over the phone without seeing the exhaust first, apparently the exhaust  had broken where it meets the second cat which made it the second section not the first as I originally thought, however the fitter informed me there are normally air conditioning pipes which run past the bolts that secure the first to second section making replacement by them a no go as the air con pipes have to be removed thus making the job to large for them, luckily the air con pipes on my car are not routed that way and he could clearly see the bolts Grin, meaning he agreed to do the job which took less than an hour and cost me £264 all in. I had a look under there when the car was up on the lift and space is very limited. Unusual for me to be that lucky, should have bought a lottery ticket Cheesy
Thanks
Stuart

2002 Grand Espace 2.2 DCi 'The Race'
1999 Grand Espace 2.2 RTX DT
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: