| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bagheera - Practical Classics (2005/2006) - Restoration - 12 parts  (Read 11898 times)
eldodo

« on: April 24, 2011, 07:43:45 am »

Hi guys,

I am a new guy to the forum so I would like to send my regards to all of you for a good start.

While searching the net for any Bagheera restoration info, I came across information that Practical Classics published a set of articles on Matra Bagheera restoration. In total, they inluded 12 parts in subsequent issues in 2005 and 2006. I emailed them to ask if it there were any chance to get hold of those historic issues. As there is a long break in the UK, it may take some time.

If I get any answer I will let you know.In the meanwhile, perhaps some of you have already got hold of those articles and are able to share them with us. At least please let me know if it is worth of the trouble.

I am based in Poland and I am going to restore my car, which I brought over from the UK. The car had been imported to the UK in the 90s from Italy, I have the original manual  - unfortunately in French (no use to me). Would anyone of you, have any technical manuals in English? I would appreciate your help.

Regards
Lukasz

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 10:00:37 am »

I remember the articles and the car is still around.  The Matra Enthusiasts' Club in the UK will be able to help you with advice if you can't get hold of the articles.  Good Luck!
lewisman

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:59:20 am »

I have the full set. If you are not in a rush I could get them scanned.
eldodo

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:43:04 am »

I have the full set. If you are not in a rush I could get them scanned.

That would be great !! I just got the answer from the Publisher and they are out of stock. No chance to get the relevant issues now.

Here is my priv: eldodo@go2.pl

Many thanks
lewisman

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:12:07 am »

Just back home from holiday tonight  Sad and a lot on for the next while.  It may take me a bit of time to complete but I will get it done as soon as I can  Smiley
SilentRunning

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 10:04:46 am »

Hi Lukasz

I've had a subscription to Practical Classics for about 20 years, but unfortunately only developed an enthusiasm for the Bagheera after I'd thrown out several boxes of old copies.
As a consequence, I only have 3 episodes, number 3 (May 05), 5 (July 05) and 11 (Jan 06), which I've scanned.

I'm happy to send you these, so you could at least get a flavour of the series.
Please send me a personal message with your email address.

In my opinion, it was OK, but not great. Certainly not good enough to warrant buying back copies from ebay !
It would be nice to have scans of the whole set though....

Cheers

Andrew
eldodo

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 07:41:38 am »

Hi Lukasz

I've had a subscription to Practical Classics for about 20 years, but unfortunately only developed an enthusiasm for the Bagheera after I'd thrown out several boxes of old copies.
As a consequence, I only have 3 episodes, number 3 (May 05), 5 (July 05) and 11 (Jan 06), which I've scanned.

I'm happy to send you these, so you could at least get a flavour of the series.
Please send me a personal message with your email address.

In my opinion, it was OK, but not great. Certainly not good enough to warrant buying back copies from ebay !
It would be nice to have scans of the whole set though....

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I sent you a priv msg. I hope it will reach you ok.  It would be great to have a look at them  - just to see what the whole set can provide.

Thanks
Łukasz
eldodo

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 07:43:59 am »

Just back home from holiday tonight  Sad and a lot on for the next while.  It may take me a bit of time to complete but I will get it done as soon as I can  Smiley

Hi,

No worries. I am patient and very keen on getting the set.  You have my priv so I look forward to your email.

Thanks
Lukasz
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 06:24:14 pm »

Hello ladies & gentlemen.

Was the article scanned and if so, could I get a copy?

best regards
Lanng
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 11:46:12 pm »

Get on http://www.bagheera-cafe.com
If you subscribe, you'd get access to the on-line library containing every article published on the subject in the entire world.

Some years ago, I spent a day with them taking in picture the archives of Matra
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: