| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New style "Folding key" possible for JE? (Solved)  (Read 4820 times)
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« on: May 09, 2011, 12:27:49 am »

Dear all.

Is it possible to get the new style "folding keys" to work on an Espace JE?  (See link below)

If I connect the folding key control box in parellel with the Door lock/unlock button in the roofmid console, would that work?

Or is there electronics in the original key which is needed for the car to start? (Even if the start blocking option is disabled)  

http://net-import.dk/index.php?cPath=82&sort=2a&page=6

Best regards
Bo
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:18:47 pm by Sommerby » Logged

Best Regards
Bo
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:18:30 pm »

Today I have bought 2 folding keys and they are working perfectly.

The transponders from the original keys can easily be dismantled and mounted in the new keys.

The last couple of years my remote controlled central locking system has not been working. When trying to "sync" the keys the system do not react on the signal from the key.

With the new folding keys, I have solved the problem. The relay wich follows the 2 folding keys are getting mounted in the uppper mid console. It will be connected parrelel to the lock and unlock button and also connected to the emergency light button on the console.  I will connect the relay this weekend and are looking forward to get remote controlled the central locking system again :-)

I even got an extra aux option with the new system.

The total price for 2 keys, the relay and getting the keys fitted to the locks and to get the transponder transferred was 1000 dkr (Approx 134 euros)

http://kangal-styling.dk/klapnogler-4.html

Best Regards
Bo
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:00 pm »

Woohoo, congratulations, Bo!

I'm still waiting for Renault/Matra to return and tell me whether they can supply new keys for my Espace or not. I've waited 5 weeks so far for an answer  Shocked

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
BrianM

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:48:05 pm »

Woohoo, congratulations, Bo!

I'm still waiting for Renault/Matra to return and tell me whether they can supply new keys for my Espace or not. I've waited 5 weeks so far for an answer  Shocked

There is no reason why they should not supply you with new keys. However (assuming your car is not the early version) do you know the history of your car, can you be sure that the dash has not been changed. As the central locking is intergrated in the clocks & if swapped out the new keys would not work without reprograming. Here in the UK Renault will only supply keys if you take the car to them with the log book & proof of identity. They can then reprogram the locks if needed. You could too with clip & the reprog disk if you have access to the correct codes.
If they decide they are not going to supply then the cheap route is to buy a dash off ebay or a breaker along with the cars matching 'pair' of fobs. The milage can be programmed to zero before installing. Suppliers here will do this from around £45
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:47:12 pm by BrianM » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: