| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: A few Murena questions...  (Read 31866 times)
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 08:30:35 pm »

I originally tried some Kenwood 2 way speakers that the vendor assured me would be OK and they were rubbish. To justify them he started blaming the amp and the installation etc etc. I demanded a refund and baought these components are they're great!!

FINALLY I have a cool steering wheel. I got hold of a 12" Moto-lita wheel and it is great. I can't see any of the dials, but who cares, it is gorgeous to hold.

Can't wait for tomorrow's commute...
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 08:33:55 pm »

I originally tried some Kenwood 2 way speakers that the vendor assured me would be OK and they were rubbish. To justify them he started blaming the amp and the installation etc etc. I demanded a refund and baought these components are they're great!!

Now you need to post the part numbers... so we can piggy back on your experiences! Cheesy

FINALLY I have a cool steering wheel. I got hold of a 12" Moto-lita wheel and it is great. I can't see any of the dials, but who cares, it is gorgeous to hold.

Can't wait for tomorrow's commute...

I did'nt know you had a Morgan? Wink

- Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
davidewanprice
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 08:42:27 pm »

I was thinking of replacing the old panasonic speakers in my doors but ive got two problems, the first is that the existing ones were placed by a retard and they get in the way of (also damaged by) the seat adjuster, so ideally i need the new one to stick out less than the old ones (a difficult requirement). Secondly the screw fixing has changed at it would mean cutting yet more out of the door? So for now ive left them till i get brave?
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 04:05:09 pm »

the existing ones were placed by a retard and they get in the way of (also damaged by) the seat adjuster
Same here, which meant I felt compelled to replace them with better sounding speakers, but in the same place, as the holes were already there Sad

I found that Sony Xplod series (this is in 1997) worked well, - and even left space for the window when fully down (!)
Plus, with a little bending of the seat adjuster they don't interfere. I cannot really adjust the seat unless I open the door, though, but I only adjust it if someone else has been driving it (e.g. a mechanic, which seems to always be a lot shorter than me :-) )

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
davidewanprice
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 07:06:04 pm »

I’ve found some Kenwood speakers which are almost the same size, maybe slightly narrower (solving the problem of the adjuster handle) but it would mean cutting more out of the door, that’s OK if you get it right, heart breaking to wrong.... I’m still building courage
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 11:09:46 pm »

An update to share my experiences with my new radio installation using an old Alpine head unit I bought off eBay, a pair of Sony speakers and a pair of tweeters on the dash. The radio is actually even better than I expected - I was looking for something that wouldn't ruin the look of the dash. Modern radios tend to have very large displays and be very colourful and I felt that that wouldn't really match the Murena dash. Sound is very good and FM reception is excellent. Only downside is that (and I didn't know when I bought it) that the M-bus changer interface is difficult to interface to an MP3 player as it does (on this particular headunit) not support AUX input. I'll see what I can find out, but at least I now has RDS, and I like listening to classic music on the radio so 90% of the time this will be perfect for me. For the rest, I can use a cassette adapter - unless I get the cd-changer input to work.

Enough talking... the speakers I found are Sony Xplod XS-F1335. Their depth is only 43 mm which is why I chose them. They are even relatively cheap at about 40 EUR a pair:

http://www.conrad.de/goto.php?artikel=379125

And this is the installation:

Sound wise it's very good. Pop, rock or classical. Some would want a sub, of course, but even without this is quite good.

- Anders Cool
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:12:18 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

Used to own:
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 11:18:14 pm »

A radio cassette Andres?.. really??.. I know that you are a cheap git Wink.. but still....
Or are you just keeping in line with the 80'ies feel of the car ? Cheesy

I must admit though, that your installation is better then mine.. AND that my fancy panasonic dvd playing thingy DOES look a bit out of place next to the vagila gauges
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:19:56 pm by krede » Logged
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 11:32:50 pm »

Here's my speaker solution

It is replacing the door pockets. I erased the door pocket and cut a hole behind it in the doorlining to make roon for the speaker magnet.  A piece of wood is dressed in original fabric. I am realy satisfied with the results. I think it is much better than the speaker positioned next to your but, or down below.

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 06:00:04 am »

Krede, you know me better than most Wink

Bart, I actually think the original speaker location is not that bad at all since you normally want the speakers as far away as possible ahead of you to give a good sound picture. With the reclined driving position, placing them by in the foot area is not that bad, I think. The tweeters are necessary, though. But the area is quite confined and I think the original cutouts are for 4" speakers or so? Mine has been enlarged by a previous owner to accomodate 5 1/4" speakers. The Pioneer speakers that was in before had had to have a cutout in the grille in order to clear free of the foot rest, but then they were much deeper and fitted on a distance ring, whereas the Sony's can be mounted flush.

- Anders

(I'm also the type to get up at 6am in the morning on a SUNDAY!)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:21:04 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

Used to own:
LarsB

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 08:43:44 pm »

It is with some fear of being banned from the forum I post this picture of my stereo instalation.
the speakers are Morel Elate 9x, powerd by a Sinfoni 150x2

If anyone know of unmolested door-skins I am interested

Lars

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 10:25:05 pm »

You did that!!!?
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 10:44:50 pm »

You did that!!!?

If he did, why would he ask for replacement door skin? Wink
How's the sound, Lars?

Used to own:
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 10:51:13 pm »

If he did, why would he ask for replacement door skin?
Maybe he saw what he'd done , and regretted... Wink
LarsB

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 11:11:26 pm »

In hindsight I would like to say it was the previous owner, but I`l admit that it was me. The soud was quite good, but not quite as shuld be expected. The enclosures were way to small for the 9s, an atempt to make an acustic valve into the door was no sucsess either. I have plans to remove the nines and find some more discrete midbass. The mids and tweeters wil stay. Wink

Hope the size of the pics is ok?

Lars

davidewanprice
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 10:16:43 pm »

That could well be the funniest thing I have ever seen! My car dramas simply disappear.... Please tell me there was an improvement in the sound as well as vision !
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:21:11 pm by davidewanprice » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: