| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cold engine running...  (Read 6892 times)
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« on: August 01, 2011, 02:46:40 pm »

I went through some videos on youtube and seen a lot of people, who filmed their cold start, or start after some years, etc. Why every asshole must to push a full throttle when it's not yet warmed up?  Angry
And one question to all (because I found that too many people don't know this) - do you know, that oil have to be changed after limited km/milles OR after one year! When I was going to buy my Tagora 2,3DT, which was luckily standing 6 years in the barn, when I asked the previous owner, when he did the last oilchange in the engine, he told me that before 6 years, but by him - oil is still good, has cca 1000km - OMG!!!  Shocked

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 07:28:22 pm »

I agree completely. I wouldn't worry leaving fully synthetic oil two years in the engine if it's not used regularly, though.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:11:05 pm »

I agree completely. I wouldn't worry leaving fully synthetic oil two years in the engine if it's not used regularly, though.

Actually that is when it needs to be changed once a year Anders.  A little used engine gets a build up of moisture in the oil, so you change it to get rid of the water.  When an engine is used regularly, the heat gets rid of it.  Also the moisture inside corrodes all the exposed metal inside the engine.  This is why it is best to run a car regularly.  All the exposed areas get a fresh covering of oil, or in the case of the brakes, the pads keep the discs clean.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: