| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena Wheels  (Read 12299 times)
krede
YaBB God

« on: September 10, 2006, 09:14:05 am »

Can anybody tell me what bolt circle and offset the murena has?
Ive read it somewhere, but have forgotten where.
Also.. i seem to recall that wheels from some fiats will fit.?
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:21:14 am »

PCD = 98, offset = 28

It's all here...

http://www.matraclub.org.uk/faq7.html#three
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 12:47:13 pm »

I'll just hijack this thread to tell about my expriences: I've been through some struggle to find suitable rims for winter use - I was looking for steel rims and though we have the numbers (and you are missing the centre hub diameter: it's 58 mm), it wasn't easy.

One option was to purchase some steel rims from Simon that he lists at 5.5J14 but at a price of over 80 EUR plus transport costs it was just too much. Another was to buy spacers - Simon has some at 15 mm which would permit me to use an offset of 43 mm, but at 50 EUR a piece (!) it's just too expensive.

But it turns out Borbet has an alloy rim "CA" that they supply as 6J14 ET30 - I found it by searching a german site for rims for Fiat Marea 1.8 and there it was for only 69 EUR a piece plus a bit of extra charge for sending them to Denmark. Offset 30 is two mm off, but that's ok for now. I hope it will look good Cool

This is the one:

(and I do not want to hear comments on whether it will look good or not - remember, I had no other option! But I think it will be okay.......)

I'll order four of those and have them fitted with Pirelli winter tyres so me and my car will be safe during the winter Wink

That's one issue down - the car is still not through the tests........... Sad

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 07:54:43 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 08:27:15 pm »

Nice wheels, £64 in the UK.
Shame you can't view them on a Matra!!
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 09:57:29 pm »

What about this then....?  Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:25:13 pm »

Well done, very nice.
I like those wheels, simple design and the spokes go right to the edge of the rim, giving the ilusion that the wheels are bigger than they really are.

Having said that, I really like the "turbine" look of the standard wheels. I don't think I'll be needing summer/winter tyres, although if the murena is as good to drive as you lot say it is, I may need road/track tyres on different rims...
Murena IRL

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 09:07:50 pm »

I want to get my alloys that are on my Murena refurbished  but also want to be able use my car.

I was thinking of buying a set of four cheap alloys off ebay that fit lancia/fiat/alfa.  I know the offset should be 25-30.

Does anyone know what make/model will fit directly on with no mods needed?

What have u fitted that bolt straight on as a Murena replacement?

Thanks
Derek

Bart_Maztra

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 07:20:05 am »

The wheels i have are from an alfa 75.
Fiat doblo wheels also fit Cool

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:02:40 pm »

I want to get my alloys that are on my Murena refurbished  but also want to be able use my car.

I was thinking of buying a set of four cheap alloys off ebay that fit lancia/fiat/alfa.  I know the offset should be 25-30.

Does anyone know what make/model will fit directly on with no mods needed?

There are no direct replacements unfortunately.  Most Fiat/Lancia/Alfa wheels will fit although their offset is greater (usually 38 mm) so you will narrow the track by fitting them, and you need to make sure they don't foul anything on the inside.  That said, if they are only for a temporary use then they should be O.K.  I have some Lancia Thema steel rims I bought from a scrap yard for temporary use, and they are fine.  The car looks a little odd with the wheels tucked further into the wheel arches and I wouldn't want to use them for any serious motoring, but they also have another use - since they have a hole in the middle of the rim which the Murena alloys do not, you can use them to undo and torque up the hub nuts without the hub rotating!

BTW I think the true offset of the Murena alloys is 29 mm not 28 (not sure where I got this from now) and I need to update my FAQ.

Roy

JV

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 06:32:04 am »

BTW I think the true offset of the Murena alloys is 29 mm not 28 (not sure where I got this from now) and I need to update my FAQ.

Roy

http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,859.30.html

Jan

Jan Verdam
Matra Murena 2.2S bleue columbia
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: