| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: espace 3 help  (Read 4445 times)
nairn man

« on: August 16, 2011, 01:08:54 pm »

im trying to get the front seats out. i got the 2 front bolts out no problem but the rear 3 are just spinning in the holes. what can i do. i can feel the bolts under car spinning too but they wont pull out. im worried about damaging the threads for when i put the seat back in if i ever get the bolts out. the reason im doing this to fix the air bag wire so the light on dash goes away. also the ob2 diagnostic cable is under a panel under the passenger seat. but im stuck any help appreciated many thanks from me in the uk Smiley
jack daniels

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:53:04 pm »

I have no suggestions for the bolts, however are you sure the cable under the seat is the cause of the airbag warning light? This airbag light will come on when you start the car if the battery is not in top condition. A new battery could fix the problem. I switched to a new silver calcium battery even though the old original battery seemed ok and I haven't seen an airbag warning light since. If you have a new car handy you could switch batteries just to check if you haven't done so allready.

Espace, Grand (magnifique, formidable, grandiose, considérable, noble, ample) III  
2002   JE02   F4R  DP0   2.0L 16v auto
BrianM

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

The diagnostic socket should be behind the floor panel in the lefthand footwell. It is not obd. You will need a maxidiag 704 or renault clip to get any diagnostics working. Or you could take out the airbag brain & read it with a programming tool. It is a common fault the airbag light. I guess you are intending to cut the connectors out & solder the wires together.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: