| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: rear fender removal  (Read 20098 times)
TELBOY

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 11:17:52 am »

That looks neat! Think the way to go is wait till I refit the fender make a paper template and then copy your idea, but can replace the plate at the window beforehand. By the way how do you stick photos on here?
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 11:33:35 am »

That looks neat! Think the way to go is wait till I refit the fender make a paper template and then copy your idea, but can replace the plate at the window beforehand. By the way how do you stick photos on here?

Below the message window is a link "Additional options". Click that and one of the options is to attach a file, i.e. a photo.
Do not use huge photos from camera. They will extend beyond the screen and make the post unreadable. Downsize it to about a Megabyte.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 01:47:09 pm »

Best is to risize back to 800x600 with for xample imageresizer (free window tool to find at Microsoft.)
Then put it up to a photosite like Picasa, Flickr, or Photobucket.
Then copy the link in posting here like this.

img linkadres /img

then it looks like this

img and \img hast to be in this [***] and [\***] were the 3 stars are the word img.
Difficult discription but if I show correct it disappear because forum think I post a picture.

Herman

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:25:17 pm by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
TELBOY

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 04:22:48 pm »

Grin
TELBOY

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 04:23:34 pm »

Wink
Herman.................... you are a star!!!!!!!!
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 06:12:01 pm »

Grin

Nice. Cheesy
Do I see stainless cooling pipes in the bottom photo?
If they aren't, then consider replacing them with stainless now you have everything apart anyway. My standard pipes sprang a leak and ultimately caused the head to crack Angry
Now all is stainless.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
TELBOY

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 07:17:59 pm »

They are indeed Jon........... taken from Dona. Work done so far is: new...... top and bottom ball joints / steering gaitors / shocks / cooling pipes / interior dash removed and replaced with a better one / complete new outer floor fitted made from galvernised steel / partial inner floor / windscreen removed scuttle cleaned and treated and screen replaced / new galvernised valence fitted / new outriggers for the wings made and fitted / new adjusters for the lights / whole underside treated / brakes refurbed / new pads / brake pipes replaced............. loads of other stuff I have forgotten. Now moved onto the back, Strip down, treat, replace all roll bar rubbers refurb calipers , new drive shaft boots and anything else I can find that isn't up to standard. Also got to cut out and replace the outside swing arm mount (going rusty)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 04:53:14 pm by TELBOY » Logged
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 08:48:28 pm »

Lots of work done alrady.
Maybe fill the trailingarms with oil to.
They rust from the inside because of the damped conditions there. (heat/cold)

Tool to resize
https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Resize to 800x600 and that fits fine on the forum.

Herman

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
TELBOY

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 10:25:06 pm »

ha ha. That is the beauty of buying one now!!!! I think I have read just about every post and am slowly stealing everyones ideas. Had already decided to do this but was thinking of using diesel instead of oil! what do you think? Work is slowing because of the rain and cold. (typical summer!)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: