| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2.0 16V JEO year 2001, dead  (Read 11269 times)
2cv

« on: October 14, 2011, 08:46:27 pm »

Hello
My wife went for a short drive in her Espace, when she wanted to return the car would not start (you can crank the engine but nothing happens). There is no unusual warning light coming in the dashboard.  It seems like there is no ignition or fuel supply. Any suggestion where to start?
We have the car for 1 ½ year and it always start without any problem; we use both keys on regular basis. 
 Undecided

best regars

Lars
2cv

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 02:40:22 pm »

Got it up and running again there was no ignition. A friend to told me to disconnect the battery for five minutes and then connect it again and it helped. Anybody how have explanation for what be the cause?
My friend told me to get it diagnosed at a Renault dealer, he suspected that it could be faulty TDC-sensor any of you how has more input to what could be the cause?
Best regards
Lars
 Lips Sealed
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:16:03 pm »

Congratulations on getting it back running again.
It sounds like the immobilizer played up somehow. I suggest you get your car to a dealer to have a diagnosis run, it might be able to tell you something. Or you can just leave it as it is and hope it doesn't help.

Good luck!

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
renaultbiler

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 11:02:12 pm »

Have a look on the engine computer in front of the battery, if it is heavily corroded it might be that its started to play up and is getting ready to die - ive replaced 2 of these during last few months on Espace 2.0 16v that have had starting problems and/or stopping suddenly.

If you get it scanned have them read fault codes of the immobiliser unit aswell, if its a historical fault on - coded line, circuit open - it indicates that the ecu have been dead at one point and you probably have a faulty ecu.

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
2cv

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 09:35:08 pm »

Hi
I had a look at the engine computer it is not that corroded given the age of the car, most of the original paint is intact and the rust that is present seems to be light surface rust.
I had it scanned yesterday no fault code were found (also the immobilizer was checked), the mechanic who did the job for me said that he would change the TDC-sensor because it was their experience that they tend to fail more frequently on the Renault in comparison to other brands.
Since the TDC-sensor is relative cheap and simple to change I will start with that.
Renaultbiler the two engine computer you changed where they replaced with new once or secondhand once and where is the best place to order one?
Regards
Lars
renaultbiler

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 11:42:26 pm »

I use second hand ones -often remanufactured from one of my supplyers as i run a small company with Renault diagnostics and repair.

If its not heavily corroded i would search elsewhere, espesially since no fault history on coded line was found in the immobiliser.

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
2cv

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »

Quick update
I had a new TDC-sensor mounted 10 day ago it improved the willingness to start, so expect the TDC-sensor was beginning to fade (the old one had a resistance 2300 Ω and the new one had 2500 Ω).
I will keep you updated  Smiley   
Lars
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 02:09:17 pm »

I have had a similar problem last year and in that case it was also the TDC sensor.

Hopefully this was the fix for you too  Smiley

Best Regards
Bo

Best Regards
Bo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: