| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena for Sale in North-east  (Read 9460 times)
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« on: January 21, 2012, 11:51:58 am »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-TALBOT-MATRA-MURENA-1600-LHD-SPARES-REPAIR-/260938477652?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cc1253054
It looks a bit of a basket case, but worth buying for the wheels and the trailing arms which are stated to be powder coated, though I don't suppose it stops them rusting away from the inside.  It would be nice to see another one restored and put back on the road, but I don't see this happening in the current state of the market.
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 12:01:42 pm »

I like the headlights very much :-)
lewisman

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:04:29 am »

It found a new owner.  It would be nice if it was to be a "project" for someone....
GP

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »

Does the "new owner" wish to comment on the state of the car now?  Wink

GP
Titus

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:48 pm »

I am the new owner. You may know I've been on the hunt for 1.6 trailing arms so I bid on this car, sight unseen, for the arms. Seller said they looked ok. I won it for £361 plus £200 trailer hire and petrol to collect. I was very lucky...
Car off the road since 1991 in dry store. It has:
Left arm has been refurbed with a small weld.
Right arm (the one I needed) BRAND NEW. NEVER BEEN FITTED!!!!! inc.bushes.
Perfect rear lamp lenses and also front lense covers.
Nearly new 4 into 1 stainless exhaust system.
5 never used refurbed wheels (but now are pitted and need doing again) and Perelli P600 tyres (not used but probably past their best)
Perfect rear glass including the heater elements undamaged.
Refurbed rear clippers. Side mirrors intact but broken links (I have the parts!)
Refurbed break servo.
Perfect brown dash and roof lining.
New front spots and indicators.
Loads of refurbed brackets etc.The list goes on.
But it is a none runner. Engine bay and engine rotten. Body and front screen all broken. I'm taking apart for parts. Sorry but it has to be. To make it run would cost too much and the parts are what I needed.
164,000km showing.
No rear springs or shocks. Still to see the front breaks and suspension parts.

A good buy me thinks Smiley

1.6 Murena
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 11:34:12 am »

I am the new owner. You may know I've been on the hunt for 1.6 trailing arms so I bid on this car, sight unseen, for the arms. Seller said they looked ok. I won it for £361 plus £200 trailer hire and petrol to collect. I was very lucky...
Car off the road since 1991 in dry store. It has:
Left arm has been refurbed with a small weld.
Right arm (the one I needed) BRAND NEW. NEVER BEEN FITTED!!!!! inc.bushes.
Perfect rear lamp lenses and also front lense covers.
Nearly new 4 into 1 stainless exhaust system.
5 never used refurbed wheels (but now are pitted and need doing again) and Perelli P600 tyres (not used but probably past their best)
Perfect rear glass including the heater elements undamaged.
Refurbed rear clippers. Side mirrors intact but broken links (I have the parts!)
Refurbed break servo.
Perfect brown dash and roof lining.
New front spots and indicators.
Loads of refurbed brackets etc.The list goes on.
But it is a none runner. Engine bay and engine rotten. Body and front screen all broken. I'm taking apart for parts. Sorry but it has to be. To make it run would cost too much and the parts are what I needed.
164,000km showing.
No rear springs or shocks. Still to see the front breaks and suspension parts.

A good buy me thinks Smiley
Hello Titus.

Congratulations with the buy. It looks like you go a good deal.
If you are not going to use alle the parts yourself, some of us might be interested in buying.  Smiley
I am looking for a brown original steering wheel in good condition with no cracks in the vinyl. I also could use a new drivers side seat (left Wink) if it is the golden velour version and in good condition, especially the foam inside.

Kind regards.
Jon

Matranaut par excellence Cool
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:20:38 pm »

Sorry Jon, if it's a 1.6 then it will be the houndstooth pattern.  Make sure you save all those rare bits like heater blower motor and window lift motors, Titus, also headlamp lift parts.  Electrical parts can always be cleaned up and refurbished if they're not burnt out.  Will you have your car back together for the French Car Day?  Sounds as if you have everything you need and at a bargain price.  You could get some money back after selling the surplus bits.
GP

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 07:32:49 pm »

Well done Titus,

Excellent source of spares for you. I bought a scrap one some years ago for £300:00 and stripped a few bits off and took the rest to the scrap yard and regretted it within 2 weeks, when I needed some parts which were still attached. If you have the space or can sort out some storage at minimum costs I would keep as much as possible.

Cheers,

GP
Titus

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:04:32 pm »

Thanks Chaps,

Jon, the steering wheel is not good. 164,000km taken its toll. The drivers seat foam is good but I need that and is brown dog tooth as Peter suggests.

Peter, I am hoping to have my good 1.6 back on the road by the end of March with 110bhp plus! We shall have to see if that works out but will see you at the MEC UK meeting in April either way. Put a battery on the scrap car and the window motors work well so another plus there then Smiley

Anybody want to buy my Rancho with a Ford XR2i engine? Go on....

1.6 Murena
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: