| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: accessories belt on a 2.0 16V JEO year 2001  (Read 6065 times)
2cv

« on: June 16, 2012, 07:19:20 am »

Hi
I have two questions I hope someone out there can shade some light on:
1) On our Espace (2.0 16V JEO year 2001) I need to repair the servo pump. I have located the belt tensioner what is "trick" to take the tension of accessories belt?

2) Have any of you tried to overhaul a servo pump? The problem with this pump it is leaking around the pulley shaft I assume that it is shaft seal that need replacement. I have done a similar job one a hydraulic pump in a Citroen there the trick was to get the pulley of. It looks to me like the procedure in this case will be the same.

Best regards

Lars
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 11:37:47 am »

If it has a bolt throught the tensioner then you can put a spanner on it to move the pulley from the belt. Bet get another pump as you may find the bearing worn causing the seal to leak. But yes you should be able to get the pulley off to replace the seal. You would need to take the pump to a drivetrain supplier who can measure the pump & lookup the relevent seal. Quicker to get a second hand pump!
2cv

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:58:44 am »

Thanks

With respect to the tensioner is it a spring loaded type? If yes, is there not a way you can take the tension of the belt by rotating the tension and then lock in this position while you remove the belt?

best regards

Lars
BrianM

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:31:02 am »

Yes there should be a hole where you can put an allen key or similar in to stop the tensioner returning until you fit your belt
renaultbiler

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 05:11:40 pm »

Just pay really good attention to what tracks are free on some of the pulleys, put it on the wrong tracks and the belt will slowly be eaten away and finally destroy the timing belt as pieces of rubber will enter the timing area. Wrong assembly of the accessories belt on these engines is the main cause of total engine failure !

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: