| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Brooklands Matra Book  (Read 16335 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: March 17, 2012, 11:25:37 pm »

In the nineties, Brooklands Books produced a soft-back book entitled 'Matra 1965 - 1983'  This was a compilation of many road tests of the various Matra cars, road and racing, taken from the major motor magazine publications.  Since this was one of their limited edition series, the book has been out of print for a number of years and good copies have been sought after by enthusiasts; and these have sometimes carried a high premium price (many times the original).

Now they have updated the book to include the Espace and Avantime models.  This is a slightly larger book with more than double the number of pages and articles.  With the latest technology and 'print on demand' they can produce copies without being limited to a set amount, and print quality is also better.  The book will go on sale to the general public in a month or two.

I have had a small involvement, including supporting the inclusion of the Espace, checking a proof copy, and the club, courtesy of Peter Chaloner, has provided the introduction.  As a consequence, club members have been offered the advantage of getting a copy before general release and receiving a small discount (15%).  The discount can be had on any of their books too, not just the Matra book.

To order or buy either on-line or by phone you need a code for the discount, so please contact me using my direct email (not through here).  You can find Brooklands Books at www.brooklandsbooks.com

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: