| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: White/blue smoke 2.2DCi  (Read 4618 times)
tronside

« on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:21 am »

I have just got my car back from having new injectors put in by the local Bosch tech they called me to say its now blowing smoke and did it used to do that !.

Took the car for a drive this morning with tech on board and computer plugged in it smokes right thru the rev range and at idle then it will be fine for 5 to 10 minutes just slight haze under heavy acceleration then it starts smoking again.

water pressure has tested out normal so probably not head gasket issue and turbo sounds fine. but tech has found high pressure from breather at top of engine, is this normal ?.

Could there be oil pooling in intercooler and be blowing thru intermittently ?

There are no faults coming thru dash or OBD and car runs fine.

I am satisfied techs fitted injectors correctly.

Any ideas on the cause of this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

BrianM

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:27:58 am »

Do a seach for this. I have read articals regarding the turbo emptying the sump of oil due to a split in the inlet manifold. Not sure about the exact detail but be warned this will wreck your engine if it happens to you on the motorway! The dci is know for this.
tronside

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:05:51 pm »

Thanks Brian have found a post on this forum another chap had similar symptoms, turns out there was a burst gasket inside the manifold allowing turbo to pressurize engine and force oil out the breather.

I will lift my manifold and have look and post my findings. Thanks again .
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: