| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2.2dci surging?? I think  (Read 4961 times)
kertrats24

« on: May 09, 2013, 10:17:52 am »

Hi guys yes me again I've had the cutout problem fixed it turned out to be a faulty injector had that fixed by Renault cost £430 but it no longer cuts out so yay.

Now for my current problem that started at the same time as the injector is what I think is called surging not noticeable when driving at low speed but when driving under load its like tapping your foot on the gas.

I'm not sure where to start looking to sort this so any idias welcome .
I have just replaced the egr valve but think I should clean the throttle body as the engine always stutters to a halt when you turn it off and i was told the butterfly valve could be stuck open am I right in thinking it is the block the egr is located in .
Thanks stu
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:10:04 am »

It sounds like fuel flow due to either air getting in or pressure. A run around the block with Renault Clip on a laptop would show the fault in the live data.
kertrats24

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:42:42 am »

Thanks brainm ive had it back in the local renaut dealership they had it for three days and and there conculsion was they didnt know what was causing it pos this maybe that ,,that cost me £115.
The compuer did come up with a fault though

1 DF 074 BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR.
2 COHERENCE BETWEEN BOOST PRESSURE AND ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE.

Im not sure what those two mean but the garage wanted to remove and check the intercooler as they suspected a air leek this sunday i removed and tested the intercooler myself it is fine i also removed and cleaned all pipes two and from it after reassambly tickover still sounded like it pulses i then remove the connector from the egr valve (the new one ive just fitted) and attached it to the old one i removed but leaving the new one in place that seems to have done it i dont know if the new egr is faulty or if something else is causing it to open when its not suppost to...
BrianM

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 11:05:47 pm »

Did the garage know you replaced the egr? there is a procedure to set it up with the renault clip diagnostics!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: