| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: wheels /tyres help  (Read 53234 times)
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 03:20:35 pm »

i use 4 piston front calipers radial mount and 4 piston rear calipers with handbrake lug mount, 315mm front discs and 300mm rear

I see vented disks too.  Grin
Did you use a kit? and in that case what is the part number?

I looked at hispecbrakes.co.uk but I did not see any parts mentioning Matra. or Murena.

Regards.
Jon
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:22:40 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
darrenheli

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 11:02:29 pm »

yes vented discs all round and no its not a kit and theres only just clearance for the 16 inch wheels , ive just done some pictures but with my phone for now
GP

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 09:01:02 am »

Nice job, I am very envious.
I do like the fact that with the external bells you can remove the discs without pulling the assembly apart and dropping ball bearings all over the floor.
How does the brake pedal feel with the extra volume of fluid that requires displacing, assuming that you still have the original brake master cylinder?
Have you removed the pressure reducing valve in the rear and fitted a brake bias valve in the front circuit also?
GP
matramurena

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »

Could you give the part numbers or names that you used for your brake system? Did you have to make your own adaptor-plates to get the brakes fitted??

I am looking for a good set of brakes for the Murena, and this looks very promising!

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
GL

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 05:23:26 pm »

i use 4 piston front calipers radial mount and 4 piston rear calipers with handbrake lug mount, 315mm front discs and 300mm rear

hi,

The brake discs for the Murena are original 240 MM at the front and 260 mm at the rear.

Yours are much bigger, especially the front brakes.

Can you tell me something about your experiences with those big brakes?  The brake at the rear is limited because off the brake pressure valve, so that won't give any problems.
But the front brakes are big for a car who has the engine in the back. How are the brakes holding at the highway(for exemple 120Miles/h)?

And when the road is wet, do the front wheels easily block?

I think it's a nice set  of brakes for the Murena.

Maybe something for my Matra Murena 2.3 16V  Turbo ?

Gideon
darrenheli

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 09:17:12 pm »

i have replaced the rear brake pressure valve in the rear for an adjustible one , hidden under the brake master cylinder, i havent done meny miles yet and the ones i have done were in the dry,i wanted bigger brakes becouse the standard brakes are not suitable for track days . ive got 16 inch wheels and track day tyres which seem to be good  for fast road , iam yet to find out what they are like on track
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: