| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Hi. I'm new here :)  (Read 16560 times)
speedyK

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 08:18:46 pm »

Thanks for your compliment, RazorbackNOR  Smiley

Photography is one of my other hobbies, but I don't release high resolution pics.

Some pics I took of my other cars:

A nice car in a good setting and a camera in my hands and I'm happy  Smiley

Incurable petrolhead!
klumzer

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 08:35:54 pm »

Shocked

I am totally shocked! Nice cars, beautiful backgrounds...
Really enviable...
speedyK

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 11:46:25 pm »

I don't still own all of them. I have 8 cars at the moment:

MG MGC roadster (3 litre, 6 cylinder)
Lancia Beta Spider 2000
Peugeot 106 GTI
Dodge Durango SLT 4.7 V8
Smart Brabus Roadster-Coupé Xclusive
Porsche 911 (997) Carrera 4S
Talbot-Matra Murena 2.2
RenaultSport Clio 200 Cup

I have most fun with the Smart Brabus Roadster-Coupé Xclusive – which I drove locally most of the time. My wife and daughter hate the flappy paddle semi-auto box because they have never learned to get the best from it. It took me 3 months to get used to it.

Always puts a smile on my face.

The Clio RS 200 Cup is a great car too – so responsive.

The 997 4S is the most competent – under ALL conditions

It is happy on road or track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScJbrOu2g7U

The Lotus Exige Cup with Bemani supercharger (273 hp) was only really fun on track (and there aren't any proper ones in Switzerland).

I nearly crashed it chasing a GT3 at Hockenheim Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRveyZdFUk

The Opel Speedster 2.2 was the nearest to a modern day Murena – with the advantage of a removable roof.
I ordered one as soon as they were announced  Smiley

It was a bit too slow on track – fighting against Audi TTs and Porche Boxster Ss, not 911s and Ferraris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr4YgfhDNBI

The most disappointing was the Aston Martin DB7 V12 Vantage. Great engine, great brakes. Rubbish everything else!

The Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo was better in almost every way! My wife still complains about me selling it.

The Matra is certainly very involving and yet not too old-fashioned – but not something I choose to drive every day (but I did in the eighties – all year round). I love it still for its neat and unique design

And, by today's standards, it is quite a small car – compared to a modern "compact" hatch

Shocked

Though not quite as small as my Smart

There's no point in trying to deny that I'm a petrolhead  Roll Eyes

Incurable petrolhead!
klumzer

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 08:28:08 pm »

Nice collection! You are very lucky to have such great cars.
The Lotus video is very exciting, I liked it.

Now I do not worry about not having an Aston Martin DB7. It would be a dissappointment... Smiley
speedyK

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 02:40:11 am »

Now I do not worry about not having an Aston Martin DB7. It would be a dissappointment... Smiley
The seats are very poor, the interior is very cramped. Despite the Vantage being 20 years newer than a Murena, it is not really better in any way (apart from that engine and the brakes).

And how can a 6 litre V12 2+2 coupé that is supposed to be an ultimate GT car not have cruise control? Don't ask me because I'm baffled  Huh – but the Aston didn't have one  Roll Eyes

(Yet the 300ZX from the early nineties did, as does my bro's 90's 6 litre V12 Jaguar XJS)

I'm glad to have owned both the V12 Vantage and the Exige Cup, but I don't miss the Aston at all – and the Exige was only fun under ideal conditions.

These are far more usable
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:14:12 pm by speedyK » Logged

Incurable petrolhead!
lewisman

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 03:49:46 am »

I had a serious look at the Smart coupe when I bought my Alfa GT but it s just so-o-o small - and the history of complaints of leaks did not appeal for use in the wettest part of the UK!
speedyK

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 12:23:59 pm »

If you only need a car for one-up trips – or two with not much luggage – small is good!  Wink

Incurable petrolhead!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: