| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lights in the front bumper  (Read 5947 times)
tobrandt

« on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:33 am »

Hi all

I recently aqquired a damaged Murena. The damage was limited to the front right corner.
While fixing it i now has second thoughts about the light in the bumper.
Is this a high beam light or is it a fog light ?.

Hope you can tell me the answer, as i don't want to try it at the Danish MOT with the wrong lights in the bumper.

Thank you in advance
Tonny
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:00:14 am »

As originally built, they are high beam lights, they come on when the headlights are on high beam, however some owners have modified them so that they can be used on high or low beam.  They are not fog lights as such, fog lights have a different beam pattern.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 03:57:39 pm »

As originally built, they are high beam lights, they come on when the headlights are on high beam, however some owners have modified them so that they can be used on high or low beam.  They are not fog lights as such, fog lights have a different beam pattern.

They also work as passing lights when you pull the light stalk. This is practical since you may want to flash the lights when the frog-eyes are down.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:00:03 pm »

It depends on the glass that is mounted.
There are differences in some Murena's.

see
http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,2167.0.html

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
tobrandt

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:54:36 am »

Thank you all.

Probably the best test is to put the bumper back on and see what makes them light up, and if they stay on together with the high beam light.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:33:32 pm »

Thank you all.

Probably the best test is to put the bumper back on and see what makes them light up, and if they stay on together with the high beam light.

they should not automatically turn on with the high beam in the frog lights. There is a switch on the left side of the dashboard that will turn them on. But like I posted above, they also turn on as passing lights.

You should check out the wiring diagrams here on the site. http://matrasport.dk/Cars/Murena/vault/

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: