| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Early 1990 Espace 2.0 litre  (Read 4330 times)
renaultsan

« on: June 08, 2012, 12:49:58 am »

We just joined yesterday and looking at the site, there does not seem to be many of the original Espace models left running. Ours is one of the last, what I would call, real Espace. Built 1989 and registered 1990, we bought it off e-bay from the original owner for £100. It has stood idle for three years outside but had not suffered in the slightest. A set of plugs and leads, a new battery and we drove it the 100 miles back to where we lived at the time in England.

In 2003 we left UK for good taking all our cars with us to America and as far as we know, our Espace is the only one in the USA. Spares are not normally a problem for the Espace or any of our other 8 Renaults (which range from 1974 to 1995) as we also brought with us a huge quantity of spares for all of them.

The only thing we were having a problem finding was a front right quarter glass for the Espace after it was broken by a stone from a road side mowing contractor here in USA, Thankfully, we have just today received word from another Renault enthusiast in UK that he has found one.

Renault Alpine GTA D500
Renault 25 V6 Automatic
Renault 25 TXI Multivalve
1990 Renault Espace
1974 Renault 15 TL 1300
1978 Renault 15 GTL 1300
Renault 25 GTX 2,2
Renault Extra 1.9 Diesel Vans (2)
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:37:24 pm »

Hello and welcome to the site. It is nice to hear from you, I dare say you will be able to keep your cars running for a few more years. After all how many cars can you drive at once! I guess your annual mileage would be quite low for each car if they were all on the road. Ebay is a good resource of parts but of course glass is bonded in place & not all yards are able to cut glass from its bond or it is not worth it for a small item.
Good luck & keep in touch.
Brian
renaultsan

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:16:41 am »

Hello and welcome to the site. It is nice to hear from you, I dare say you will be able to keep your cars running for a few more years. After all how many cars can you drive at once! I guess your annual mileage would be quite low for each car if they were all on the road. Ebay is a good resource of parts but of course glass is bonded in place & not all yards are able to cut glass from its bond or it is not worth it for a small item.
Good luck & keep in touch.
Brian
Brian, hello - with such a rare old Espace,I find that cost is worth it, I would not dream of junking the car just because of a broken window, if I had not found a glass then I would have made one from plexiglass that I could curve with a hot air gun and once fitted would look the same. About the only spare we do not have in our stock was the quarter glass. Nice to hear from you.

Renault Alpine GTA D500
Renault 25 V6 Automatic
Renault 25 TXI Multivalve
1990 Renault Espace
1974 Renault 15 TL 1300
1978 Renault 15 GTL 1300
Renault 25 GTX 2,2
Renault Extra 1.9 Diesel Vans (2)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: