| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Startproblem solved  (Read 3461 times)
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« on: September 05, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »

Hi there. Just to inform you guys about an incedent I had with my Espace JE 2.2 dCI for a couple of days ago.

The car could not start.  I called my workshop who guided me through a sequence of attempts for starting the engine. Firste I made a reset on the button below the fuel filter in the engine bay. This did not help. Then I was asked to lay down under the front passengerdoor in order to identify the low pressure fuel pump.  When I indentified the pump I had to hit it with something hard. I used a rock.  After this my car started and I could drive the car home.  The low pressure fuel pump costed  1000,- dkr  (Approx 130 euros) Replacement is straight forward (2 hose connections, 2 wires and one bolt on the pump support). Until I got the new pump, I had to use a small hammer everytime I started the car. Some people were looking very strange at me when I dived under the car and hit the pumpe with the hammer, Started the car and then drove of :-)

The low pressure pump lasted for 270.000 km . The high pressure pump lasted for 230.000 km.

Best Regards Bo

Best Regards
Bo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: