| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New engine  (Read 25392 times)
alvinisztika

« on: March 06, 2013, 09:17:01 pm »

Hi!
I want to renew my car. The original engine and transmission, Unfortunately, disappeared. I would like to inquire what engine should I use? I've read in many places about the 205 GTI, but it consumes a lot of. Approx. thought similarly strong engine, lower fuel consumption.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:28:54 pm by alvinisztika » Logged
alvinisztika

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »

i love that ass! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:29:02 pm by alvinisztika » Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 10:05:26 pm »

Hi!
I want to renew my car. The original engine and transmission, Unfortunately, disappeared. I would like to inquire what engine should I use? I've read in many places about the 205 GTI, but it consumes a lot of. Approx. thought similarly strong engine, lower fuel consumption.
First, welcome to the forum. Your car looks great.
You will find much useful information here.
So how did your original engine and transmission disappear?
Besides the 205 gti some have installed a Honda V6. One electric conversion has been made as far as I know.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
northmurena

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:17:36 pm »

Hi and welcome.

Why not take an original 2.2 engine ? Would be the easiest way. All parts fill fit, no modificatios needed....

Hilsen
Kai
alvinisztika

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 10:29:19 pm »

Thank you!
The camshaft is broken. The mechanic that the engine was incorrigible, and for "working fees" stole the engine and transmission.

I live in Hungary, and the people are not familiar with this car. It is almost impossible to obtain a separate engine, only abroad. Bring home is expensive.
klumzer

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 09:57:10 am »

Welcome to the forum! If you want to restore your car and have questions, this is the best place! Smiley
Now we could start a native topic... Smiley ...or a Matra meeting in Hungary... Cheesy

Üdv a fórumon! Ha valamiben tudok segíteni, akkor írj. Az elmúlt két évben a felújítás alatt összeeírtam pár helyettesítő alkatrészt szívesen megosztom a cikkszámokat. Sajnos nagy része a motorhoz való, így lehet nem tudod használni őket, de a fékfelújító készletekét, betétekét, tárcsákét megírom, ha kellenek. Körülnézek a bazárjaim között, ha van valamim felesleges, akkor azt szívesen eladom.

Back to the English. Sorry for writing in Hungarian, but I am very happy to find a new Hungarian member on the forum.
If you want to install a powerful engine it will consume a lot. And do not forget the strict regulations. If you want to have MOT after engine exchange in Hungary you may pay a lot of money, registration tax, etc. If they find your engine too powerful they can require a new brake system, noise level or sound examination and so...First of all ask the authority (NKH) before you do anything.

It is not easy to find a 2.2 or a 1.6 engine in Hungary, but those would be the easiest and cheapest solution...

If you want to save money on petrol cost think over LPG.

I almost forget to ask where you live in Hungary?

alvinisztika

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:10:31 am »

I have not looked at the car, that what i have to renew / replace. First, I want to solve the engine problem. But I do not know how I could get a new engine. And what kind of engine? Consumes much of the original, but it would be much easier to fit.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 10:12:28 am »

Thank you!
The camshaft is broken. The mechanic that the engine was incorrigible, and for "working fees" stole the engine and transmission.

I live in Hungary, and the people are not familiar with this car. It is almost impossible to obtain a separate engine, only abroad. Bring home is expensive.

A broken camshaft can be replaced for a few hundred €. So that would not make the engine "incorrigible". He simply wanted your engine for himself and really stole it. His "working fee" could not be 2000€, or what an engine is worth.  Angry Angry
How much did he want in "working fee"? You would have been better off playing him and finding a HONEST mechanic.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
alvinisztika

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 10:38:42 am »

Thank you!

A broken camshaft can be replaced for a few hundred €. So that would not make the engine "incorrigible". He simply wanted your engine for himself and really stole it. His "working fee" could not be 2000€, or what an engine is worth.  Angry Angry
How much did he want in "working fee"? You would have been better off playing him and finding a HONEST mechanic.

He just sold the engine and transmission to the ironmongery for "working fee"...
klumzer

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 10:40:01 am »

Yes, this is how things go in Hungary...
You should ask the place where he sold the engine and the gearbox... Maybe you could buy it back for a little money.

Not cheap and you should have some place to store it, but can buy a spare car:
http://www.hasznaltauto.hu/auto/talbot/matra_murena/talbot_matra_murena_murena-6525067

It has engine failure, but it is worth a phonecall. I think you could lower the price and you would have some spares.

And an important advice: If you want to buy an alternative part, which is borrowed from another car (e.g. Peugeot or Citroen) never mention that you want it to a Matra. You need it for an old Talbot. Sellers can get bloodthirsty if they hear Matra...
northmurena

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 10:43:55 am »

..so the "old stuff" is definately gone...
I don´t know your budget but for a new (maybe used) engine and transmission i would calculate something around 3000 Euro. Finding it would need two or three calls to Germany. Shippers in Germany are cheap. I think it should cost something around 300 Euro for sending it to Hungary.

But what´s about the other parts like carb, waterpump etc.... Are they also gone to the scrapyard ? Perhaps it could be also a solution to look after a donor-car (?) When i look on your car, you will need some more parts than only an engine.

And the consume: my little black lady needs something around 9 to 10 liter.I don´t think that is too much for an 30 years old car. A "more modern" engine ( Peugeot, Honda) won´t consume less. But the installing of a conversion will make much more work and -i´m sure - will be more expansive.
klumzer

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 10:49:42 am »

According to the sales brochure a 2.2 should need 6.9 at constant 90km/h... Cheesy
Has anyone measured similar like this?
alvinisztika

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 10:51:32 am »

Yes, this is how things go in Hungary...
You should ask the place where he sold the engine and the gearbox... Maybe you could buy it back for a little money.

Not cheap and you should have some place to store it, but can buy a spare car:
http://www.hasznaltauto.hu/auto/talbot/matra_murena/talbot_matra_murena_murena-6525067

It has engine failure, but it is worth a phonecall. I think you could lower the price and you would have some spares.

And an important advice: If you want to buy an alternative part, which is borrowed from another car (e.g. Peugeot or Citroen) never mention that you want it to a Matra. You need it for an old Talbot. Sellers can get bloodthirsty if they hear Matra...

Approx. it happened 12 years ago. The dealer was certainly do not remember it.

Today I call this Matra owner of what is wrong with the engine.
alvinisztika

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 10:58:51 am »

..so the "old stuff" is definately gone...
I don´t know your budget but for a new (maybe used) engine and transmission i would calculate something around 3000 Euro. Finding it would need two or three calls to Germany. Shippers in Germany are cheap. I think it should cost something around 300 Euro for sending it to Hungary.

But what´s about the other parts like carb, waterpump etc.... Are they also gone to the scrapyard ? Perhaps it could be also a solution to look after a donor-car (?) When i look on your car, you will need some more parts than only an engine.

And the consume: my little black lady needs something around 9 to 10 liter.I don´t think that is too much for an 30 years old car. A "more modern" engine ( Peugeot, Honda) won´t consume less. But the installing of a conversion will make much more work and -i´m sure - will be more expansive.

Unfortunately, all of the engine parts are missing
klumzer

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 11:00:42 am »

Oh, I see.

I can give you a contact for a guy who stored a Murena for years. He wanted to sell it in very bad shape, but it had a 2.2S engine. Perhaps he still has it, but I think it was sold a year ago.

He has an M530 and a Rancho.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: